2019 Pacific Coast Sectional Figure Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2019 Pacific Coast Sectional Figure Skating Championships

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
The 2019 Pacific Coast sectional championships (one of three sectional events) are the final step in the U.S. qualifying competition structure that leads to the 2019 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. The top four finishers from each sectional advance to the 2019 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

645 S. Guardsman Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108 United States

14 November - 17 November 2018

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan13

Medalist
Is there an entry list anywhere? The link doesn't have them because the start orders aren't up yet.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Is there an entry list anywhere?

I haven't seen any entry lists for sectionals posted yet. Am waiting for the great unraveling/unveiling of where all the junior ice dance teams are going to compete so that all the competitive teams can get into Nationals. (Though with Amoia & Becker apparently split, that opens things up a wee bit).

Nathan13

Medalist
I haven't seen any entry lists for sectionals posted yet. Am waiting for the great unraveling/unveiling of where all the junior ice dance teams are going to compete so that all the competitive teams can get into Nationals. (Though with Amoia & Becker apparently split, that opens things up a wee bit).

Start orders/entries are up.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Based on the scores I’d say Alysa was clean.

Her triple axel was gorgeous. I thought the 2nd jump in her combo might have been a bit short. Great spins. Clearly a major talent.

ETA: protocols indicated that she was clean!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Got my fingers crossed for a few folks here ... :pray:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just watched the Ladies short.
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2019/27743/CAT009SEG024.html
Really liked Alysa for sure! Also Sierra and of course my Akari. Livvy was nice.
Sorry to see the friction between Liza and her mom in the K and C but I hope they work it out...Liza was understandably upset with her skate, of course...

- - - Updated - - -

Hope the people watching can share how the senior ladies did.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2019/27743/CAT009SEG024.html

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just had a look at the Ladies entry list and found out that Elizabeta Kulik is participating in this competition. She's 8th after the SP and she was quite devastated after her performance. You could see it in the K&C. She discussed with her mother and even refused her consolation. Nevertheless, it was great to see Katia Gordeeva (although she seemed quite tired and worried). BTW, it's funny that both her daughters are vivid images of their fathers. Daria resembles Sergei and Liza has Ilia's face :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqTz5PWOyxA

Eloise14

Rinkside
I am a fan of her mother's so it was sad to Liza upset/crying after her program and pulling her hands away from her mother. Katia has mentioned on Instagram that Liza has Olympic dreams.

In this new Olympic cycle, I'm sure she was hoping to make it to Nationals and start making a name for herself. She has to be in the top 4 to make it to Nationals. From 8th place in the SP that's going to be hard but I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

champs

Final Flight
Congrats to those who made it the nationals!
I'm not signed up on the NBC Gold so I can't watch the junior/senior sectionals (as I don't know which events exactly the NBC Gold site means by "Select US Figure skating events available" in my country and don't wanna waste my $$) but based on the protocol Alysa can rack up points not only from jumps but from spins and steps as well. And she expresses the music pretty well too. With great choreography I don't think it's far reaching to say she'll impress the world in the near future on the international stage the way Rika Kihira did at NHK. Looking forward to the Nationals.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And to divert to *my* favorite discipline...;)

Sean Rabbitt wins Pacific Sectionals for the fourth year in a row. Woot.:hap10: