Country
United-States
Senior Ladies SP videos

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Daniel Samohin is now skating for the US. Let's see if it makes a difference in his consistency.

Nope! He is fast and athletic but cannot manage his jumps: quadsplat and 2/3 combo.

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Big jumping Will is up. Will he land them?

Nope quadsplat. And only a 3/2 combo. Program ok.

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is Skylar Lautowa-Peguero injured? I don't see her name on the entry/results page.
She posted on Instagram today that she didn't have enough time to recover from a foot injury. Sad, I was looking forward to seeing her!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Ladies SP videos
Ting was 😍 (her PCS was 👏)
The top 4 all skated 55+ and have a decent lead over the rest of the field.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
I missed seeing Robert Yampolski and Jonathan Hildebrandt (who both must have stopped skating as they didn't compete in the NQS) in junior men. Heard that Yampolski felt he did everything he could at the junior level but did not want to do senior.

It's a shame Patrick Blackwell withdrew from junior men. He's landed his triple axel in competition and was landing some quads in practice, but apparently broke his collarbone.

I thought Lucius, Kirk, and Alek were locked in ... but was thinking Lopinto and not Sedlis would get in.

But Sedlis did great. Saw him a couple of years ago at the National Development Team camp and thought this boy's jump technique was really good, if only he'd get it more consistent. Well, now he's got it more consistent, and he's been able to do quite well

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I missed seeing Robert Yampolski and Jonathan Hildebrandt (who both must have stopped skating as they didn't compete in the NQS) in junior men. Heard that Yampolski felt he did everything he could at the junior level but did not want to do senior.

It's a shame Patrick Blackwell withdrew from junior men. He's landed his triple axel in competition and was landing some quads in practice, but apparently broke his collarbone.

I thought Lucius, Kirk, and Alek were locked in ... but was thinking Lopinto and not Sedlis would get in.

But Sedlis did great. Saw him a couple of years ago at the National Development Team camp and thought this boy's jump technique was really good, if only he'd get it more consistent. Well, now he's got it more consistent, and he's been able to do quite well
I skated with Patrick in Stars on Ice in 2018 - he had natural talent and has improved a lot since then

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sr Men. Will Annis can be really good but his jumping errors are a big Oy. Clean he could be top ten at Nats easily.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Interesting to see Will back to back with Daniel Samohin as they are similar. Splat too much but athletic and passionate skaters. Again, both clean would be top ten at Nats.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Placements 3,4,5 so close and only two of them go to Nats. Too bad for Phillip Baker as less than a point out of contention. Congrats to top four.

TimSparkle

Rinkside
I was informed 4 so this is a slam dunk. I wish Emmanuel would go for at least a 3t/3t.
I needed to google and found the advancement criteria. Does it mean we need to wait for the confirmed list of qualified skaters until rest of the sectionals/internation competitions are held:

"2024 SINGLES, PAIRS AND ICE DANCE QUALIFYING SEASON
ATHLETE BYE & ADVANCEMENT CRITERIA
ADVANCEMENT TO SECTIONAL SINGLES FINAL, U.S. PAIRS FINAL AND/OR U.S. ICE
DANCE FINAL
For junior and senior events: Any member of the U.S. Figure Skating Team, defined in rule ICR 3.05, who has
been assigned to and competes at an international assignment classified as an ISU Grand Prix, ISU Junior
Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event.
ADVANCEMENT TO THE U.S. FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
SENIOR SINGLES
Maximum of 18 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships
- Athletes who placed in the top five in the same event at the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships per rule 2501 (B) (1)
-Athletes selected to the 2023 U.S. Figure Skating World Team (not including alternates) in the same event per rule 2501 (B) (2)
- Athletes who have won a medal in the singles event at the most recent Olympic Winter Games (not including the team event) per rule 2501 (B) (3)
- Athletes who qualify for the same event at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final or the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (not including alternates; or as a member of the United States Figure Skating Team who meets the approved criteria per rule 2511) per rule 2501 (B) (2)
- Athletes who are assigned to and compete at three (3) international assignments classified as an ISU
Grand Prix, ISU Junior Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event
• Refer to the approved list of international competitions within this document
- The top two total combined scores from each section in the Sectional Singles Final
• Plus, next-best scores nationwide until maximum is met"

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
I needed to google and found the advancement criteria. Does it mean we need to wait for the confirmed list of qualified skaters until rest of the sectionals/internation competitions are held:

"2024 SINGLES, PAIRS AND ICE DANCE QUALIFYING SEASON
ATHLETE BYE & ADVANCEMENT CRITERIA
ADVANCEMENT TO SECTIONAL SINGLES FINAL, U.S. PAIRS FINAL AND/OR U.S. ICE
DANCE FINAL
For junior and senior events: Any member of the U.S. Figure Skating Team, defined in rule ICR 3.05, who has
been assigned to and competes at an international assignment classified as an ISU Grand Prix, ISU Junior
Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event.
ADVANCEMENT TO THE U.S. FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
SENIOR SINGLES
Maximum of 18 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships
- Athletes who placed in the top five in the same event at the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships per rule 2501 (B) (1)
-Athletes selected to the 2023 U.S. Figure Skating World Team (not including alternates) in the same event per rule 2501 (B) (2)
- Athletes who have won a medal in the singles event at the most recent Olympic Winter Games (not including the team event) per rule 2501 (B) (3)
- Athletes who qualify for the same event at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final or the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (not including alternates; or as a member of the United States Figure Skating Team who meets the approved criteria per rule 2511) per rule 2501 (B) (2)
- Athletes who are assigned to and compete at three (3) international assignments classified as an ISU
Grand Prix, ISU Junior Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event
• Refer to the approved list of international competitions within this document
- The top two total combined scores from each section in the Sectional Singles Final
• Plus, next-best scores nationwide until maximum is met"
@yelyoh Only top 2 for Easterns for seniors, but they could be one of the "Next Best National Score"