2024 U.S. Eastern Sectional Singles Final | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Eastern Sectional Singles Final

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was nice to see Kirk and Aleksandr come back stronger today. Lucius and Jared were good too and it was nice to see them all happy.

I also thoroughly enjoyed watching intermediate champion Madison Chong and novice champion Caleb Farrington today!
Oh….you’re a better person than I am. I’m trying to slog my way through senior women’s LP

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I needed to google and found the advancement criteria. Does it mean we need to wait for the confirmed list of qualified skaters until rest of the sectionals/internation competitions are held:

"2024 SINGLES, PAIRS AND ICE DANCE QUALIFYING SEASON
ATHLETE BYE & ADVANCEMENT CRITERIA
ADVANCEMENT TO SECTIONAL SINGLES FINAL, U.S. PAIRS FINAL AND/OR U.S. ICE
DANCE FINAL
For junior and senior events: Any member of the U.S. Figure Skating Team, defined in rule ICR 3.05, who has
been assigned to and competes at an international assignment classified as an ISU Grand Prix, ISU Junior
Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event.
ADVANCEMENT TO THE U.S. FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
SENIOR SINGLES
Maximum of 18 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships
- Athletes who placed in the top five in the same event at the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships per rule 2501 (B) (1)
-Athletes selected to the 2023 U.S. Figure Skating World Team (not including alternates) in the same event per rule 2501 (B) (2)
- Athletes who have won a medal in the singles event at the most recent Olympic Winter Games (not including the team event) per rule 2501 (B) (3)
- Athletes who qualify for the same event at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final or the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (not including alternates; or as a member of the United States Figure Skating Team who meets the approved criteria per rule 2511) per rule 2501 (B) (2)
- Athletes who are assigned to and compete at three (3) international assignments classified as an ISU
Grand Prix, ISU Junior Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event
• Refer to the approved list of international competitions within this document
- The top two total combined scores from each section in the Sectional Singles Final
• Plus, next-best scores nationwide until maximum is met"
It used to be 4. This is ridiculous.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is the schedule for the remaining sectionals?

yuki@thelake

On the Ice

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What about Juniors?
Yup. I knew it was two and then the best scores as last year I was holding my breathe for Sonja Hilmer to make it to Nationals with one of the next best scores. I don’t think Ting Cui will make it as 150+ scores were the cutoff last year.

For Juniors, Mia Kalin was eliminated because she wasn’t in the top 4. I think it is top 4 for each section and then top 2 from Novice from each section. That totals 18 spots.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kimmie Nguyen skated to yet another horrible cover of Fix You…don’t do that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yup. I knew it was two and then the best scores as last year I was holding my breathe for Sonja Hilmer to make it to Nationals with one of the next best scores. I don’t think Ting Cui will make it as 150+ scores were the cutoff last year.

For Juniors, Mia Kalin was eliminated because she wasn’t in the top 4. I think it is top 4 for each section and then top 2 from Novice from each section. That totals 18 spots.
I couldn’t remember. I was just happy Gracie was there. It’s a shame if Ting doesn’t make it.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junior Lady
Sophie Jolene von Felten lands Seventh Triple axel by US lady
posted by US figure skating & reposted by TSL

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I hope Sophie Jolene von Felton makes it Nationals. She finish 3rd with a 154. I don't remember the rest. It would be disappointing if she didn't make it along with a few others on the bubble (cut off) and than we don't see them next year for whatever reason.

They show promise.
I guess that competition.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Are there two Sophie von Feltons, or was she skating for Switzerland last year (JGP and silver in Swiss nationals)?