2019 Russian Junior Nationals - Pairs | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 Russian Junior Nationals - Pairs

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Nastya and Sasha still won!!

I don't speak a word of Russian (I should learn), but it sounded like Nastya was saying something like "Don't be so down, you did well, we won anyway" to Sasha

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Okay. Here's some optimistic logic. They've gotten an iffy SP out the way at GPF, a bad FS out the way here. So hopefully JWC will go perfectly :agree:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I have no complaints with P/R going to JW, but I'd have liked to see A/K battle it out with them for the third spot... Anyway, I don't need to get the booze out which is a relief, I have to wake up like 4 hours earlier than my usual routine tomorrow :laugh:

Country
Russia
Nastya and Sasha still won!!

I don't speak a word of Russian (I should learn), but it sounded like Nastya was saying something like "Don't be so down, you did well, we won anyway" to Sasha

Nastya: "Gave. Normally, don't be upset."

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Ichatdelune, I am (hopefully - need to get permission for time off from work) going to go to JWC, and would like to make something to throw to Nastya and Sasha. I was thinking of sewing (read: attempting to sew, I'm fairly bad at crafts) some costumes to go on some plushies. Shall I go for Party Like a Russian or Master and Margharita?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Did Galliamov catch Akhantieva's bug? Have never seen him like this, it was strange. And he is a good jumper, can do more than just 3S and 3T. If hadn't grown he would have been a promising singles skater.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ichatdelune, I am (hopefully - need to get permission for time off from work) going to go to JWC, and would like to make something to throw to Nastya and Sasha. I was thinking of sewing (read: attempting to sew, I'm fairly bad at crafts) some costumes to go on some plushies. Shall I go for Party Like a Russian or Master and Margharita?

Whatever is best for you. It's a wonderful idea and I really envy you that you go to JW. Hope you'll be having a fantastic time! :hap10:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Whatever is best for you. It's a wonderful idea and I really envy you that you go to JW. Hope you'll be having a fantastic time! :hap10:

Thanks! I'll try some things out and post a photo of the prototypes on the FanFest when they are ready :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well done! I'll be around in a minute...

I'm glad they won it anyway. All in all, I think they had deserved it. Great competition, Russian pairs still rule!

the future looks very bright for russian pairs

master and margharita, by all means!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

I say go for the one easier to make :laugh:, but if I were to choose I like the Party Like a Russian costumes a tiny bit better!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
It’s been very hard to track down the free programmes. It’s disappointing that FS Russia YouTube account has not uploaded any of them. I was looking forward to seeing all programmes.

I was very impressed when I seen the scores but I think the Top 2 were overmarked they had a couple of errors. I really think that M/G have really grown in to the Master & Margarita programme, they really seem to perform it now. I believe they are senior ready, I would rank them ahead of P/K. I’m still unsure of the future for K/I, I just think if she grows they could be in trouble. Saying that she has real star quality, she loves the limelight they had a better free that short for me.

Of the 3 programmes that I seen P/R were my favourites. It’s simply beautiful skating, the twist and throws are superb, the Senior couples would love to have their skills. It’s disappointing we have never seen them go for a triple jump. Maybe a trip to a jump technician would be of benefit. I’m glad they made the world team.

Below are the performances I tracked down;

M/G FP: https://youtu.be/Y53CZ1kyNp8
K/I FP: https://youtu.be/GRvEsLAe_4w
P/R FP: https://youtu.be/OSugenf8lIA