2019 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Pre-Game Chat | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Pre-Game Chat

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I love Medvedeva´s new sp music, suits her really well and gives the possibility for fantastic choreography... But why, oh why, does she so often have the bad luck to be the last to skate???

carmina

On the Ice
I love Medvedeva´s new sp music, suits her really well and gives the possibility for fantastic choreography... But why, oh why, does she so often have the bad luck to be the last to skate???

she prefers to skate last so it can't be bad luck for her
Why she like to be last is a wonder

Country
Russia
Zagitova at today's practice.
2A
3Lz+3T
3S
2A
3Lz+3Lo
3F+3Lo
3F+2T+2Lo
More complicated content than in competition to be sure that in competition no problem.
Looks very good.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Zagitova at today's practice.
2A
3Lz+3T
3S
2A
3Lz+3Lo
3F+3Lo
3F+2T+2Lo
More complicated content than in competition to be sure that in competition no problem.
Looks very good.

It was 3Lz+3Lo< though - but it won't be marked for her in RusNat for sure.

Fluture

Record Breaker
It was 3Lz+3Lo< though - but it won't be marked for her in RusNat for sure.

It won‘t be. Nationals seldomly call UR for their top skaters which Alina obviously is. The most important is for her to land her jumps, which she did here spectacularly. I‘m looking forward to the SP but admittedly, the FS even more because I like it a lot and the SP... let‘s say that I‘m not the biggest fan. :biggrin:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just opened a thread dedicated to Ladies SP. It includes the starting order. I invite you to start commenting there :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Medvedeva cannot beat that !!!

Zhenya wasn‘t likely to compete for the title anyway after what we‘ve seen this GP season. She’s in a process of changing and adapting to new technique, style, life. For now I think the main focus is on skating clean and showing good performances (which I hope for her as well) and maaaybe getting a spot on the podium but that‘s probably a stretch with the junior trio being there. Being the second senior is what’s important to make it to worlds and euros, even if that’s not even top 3. Alina will win this. I can‘t say 100% because nothing‘s ever 100% sure but I‘ll say I‘m at least fairly certain. ;)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Jackie reported this layout for Zhenya in the FS.

3Lz, 3S3Lo, 3F2T2T, 3Lo, 2A3T, 3F, 2A

I remember seeing a practice vid of the 3S3Lo before. The new combos are definitely taking advantage of her strongest jumps this season, which are easily the 2A and 3S. I just hope it doesn't distract from getting the spin levels and selling the program.