2019 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Pre-Game Chat | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Pre-Game Chat

moriel

Record Breaker
Jackie reported this layout for Zhenya in the FS.

3Lz, 3S3Lo, 3F2T2T, 3Lo, 2A3T, 3F, 2A

I remember seeing a practice vid of the 3S3Lo before. The new combos are definitely taking advantage of her strongest jumps this season, which are easily the 2A and 3S. I just hope it doesn't distract from getting the spin levels and selling the program.

It looks like her team finally woke up.
Pity they didn't do it earlier, but better late than never.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
3Lz, 3S3Lo, 3F2T2T, 3Lo, // 2A3T, 3F, 2A
not sure... :scratch2:
this layout won't get her more BV points than her "normal" (a 7-triple program with 2 flips and 2 toeloops)
Evgenia did (Autumn Classic International): 3Lz, 2A, 3F+2T+2T, 2A // 3F+3T, 3S+3T, 3Lo = 45,59
this: 3Lz, 3S3Lo, 3F2T2T, 3Lo, // 2A3T, 3F, 2A = 45,61

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
not sure... :scratch2:
this layout won't get her more BV points than her "normal" (a 7-triple program with 2 flips and 2 toeloops)
Evgenia did (Autumn Classic International): 3Lz, 2A, 3F+2T+2T, 2A // 3F+3T, 3S+3T, 3Lo = 45,59
this: 3Lz, 3S3Lo, 3F2T2T, 3Lo, // 2A3T, 3F, 2A = 45,61

But it has potential to gain more points thanks to the fact that GOE is attached to the jumps with higher base values in the second case - it is 3Lo and 3T, comparing to the 3S and 2A in first layout. Cause GOE is percentage of BV and 3Lo and 3T have higher BV than 3S and 2A she will score much more (if GOE is the same) with the second layout. In the 'new system' GOE is attached on the jump with the highest BV in a combo, so those are benefits of 2A-3T and 3S-3Lo. The best possible layout for her (with one 3Lz) will be with 2A-3Lo and 3S-3T and the rest is the same :biggrin:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I know about GOE... but the difference is too small. It's not worth the effort. IMO. :think:
You will need to land these jumps. To make them really good ... to see even a small difference. Instead, It would be more logical to move more expensive jumps to the second half.
I still don't see any real benefit with this one.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
^^^
It is still a difference. Now when im thinking about it, it will be better for Alina and Sasha (according to this system) to learn 2A-3Lo instead to jump 3Lz-3Lo. In that case both 3Lz (as a single jump) and 3Lo (in 2A-3Lo) will count for GOE, instead of 3Lz (in 3Lz-3Lo) and 2A (as a single jump) in their current case... Someone should tell Eteri :biggrin:

moriel

Record Breaker
^^^
It is still a difference. Now when im thinking about it, it will be better for Alina and Sasha (according to this system) to learn 2A-3Lo instead to jump 3Lz-3Lo. In that case both 3Lz (as a single jump) and 3Lo (in 2A-3Lo) will count for GOE, instead of 3Lz (in 3Lz-3Lo) and 2A (as a single jump) in their current case... Someone should tell Eteri :biggrin:

i think the matter is landing it.
As for Sasha, i'm pretty sure she will rather go for another quad.

kurtstefan

Rinkside
All in all I think the change to Orser was not the best decission ( never leave a winning team).On the other hand she lost the number one at Tuberitzes team as she was focusing more the younger skaters and of course Alina

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
i think the matter is landing it.
As for Sasha, i'm pretty sure she will rather go for another quad.

I agree about Sasha :biggrin: But theoretically 2A-3Lo should be easier to learn than 3Lz-3Lo, and layout with 2A-3Lo and solo 3Lz (with both 3 GOE) worth 0.5 point more comparing to 3Lz-3Lo and solo 2A (with both 3 GOE). Also, its worth more to land 3S-3Lo and solo 3Lz (comparing to 3Lz-3Lo and solo 3S). Just saying what are benefits of the new system, and actually it is a smart move what Zhenya is doing ;)

atsumiri

Record Breaker
3lz3lo much harder than 2a3lo. The judges definitely know it too when they're giving a GOE)
it's the same with 2a3t which goes as "the easiest way to jump +3t combo" than any 3-3. so called "Japanese combo".
If you can't jump a regular 3-3.. you're going for 2a-3

MeineKatze

On the Ice
I agree about Sasha :biggrin: But theoretically 2A-3Lo should be easier to learn than 3Lz-3Lo, and layout with 2A-3Lo and solo 3Lz (with both 3 GOE) worth 0.5 point more comparing to 3Lz-3Lo and solo 2A (with both 3 GOE). Also, its worth more to land 3S-3Lo and solo 3Lz (comparing to 3Lz-3Lo and solo 3S). Just saying what are benefits of the new system, and actually it is a smart move what Zhenya is doing ;)

Orser playing 4D chess right there! from Yuna doing three 2A to Zhenya doing 3S+3Lo and 2A+3Lo :eeking:

zounger

Medalist

You are right, but I guess it's a matter of pride at this moment. Even with more BV and goe I don't think the risk worth it for 3X-3Lo jumps.

Anyway, I think Evgenia will win here. At least this is how the signs are looking to me so far...