2019 World Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Free Skate

readernick

Medalist
I just love all the pairs! They are just all deserving of medals.
Sui and Han were perfect! Lori Nicol may ocasionally provide mediocre choreo for skaters who don’t inspire her but Sui/ Han obviously inspire her. That LP is so beautiful. That pair just know how to turn it on in competition. It was just fabulous!

I thought Tarasova/ Morozov were the deserved winners of the SP. They were perfect in the short and their elements were beautiful but their free was not as strong. However, it was a huge improvement from their previous performances. So, I am happy for them.

I don’t enjoy Zabiiako and Enbert’s programs but they were well executed. I am happy for their personal triump. Enbert is coming back from injury. So, it was a great performance.

I think Peng /Jin deserved a higher SP score. I think that would have earned them the bronze.I think the score in the free was fair, Their short program is fabulous,their free is ok. Their elements are beautiful. The throws are fabulous! I love her.. she is do cute!

Sad Vanessa and Morgan had such a bad SP. I am glad they aren’t retiring. Charlie White is a great choregrapher. More pairs should use him.

Love love love Boikova and Kozlovskii! She has enough star power for all the Russian pairs combined! They are still very young and some of their elements need more polishing but by Beijing 2022 they could be a real threat!

I really love all the pairs! I hope they stay injury free!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Vanessa JAMES Morgan CIPRES: not perfect, but this program suits them so well. I know it’s not a good thing when you’re having your worst skate at worlds, but they had a hell of a season and they can be very proud

Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII: some imperfections but over all a good job. I think both their programs suit them very well. As I said, next season for Russian pairs would be a lot of fun.

Cheng PENG Yang JIN: as BESP uncle said: sensational! as much as i love z/e i have to say they wuzrobbed

Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT: I know it’s not the most popular opinion here, but I love their short a lot (give me sword fighting any day!!!) and I love them, but this program doesn’t do anything to me. Anyway congratulations!

Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN: that’s what perfection looks like and I’m slapping myself hard for moving them from 1st to 2nd in my predictions :biggrin: but probably i fooled my powers and let them win

LadyB

Record Breaker
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PREDICTIONS GAME RESULTS - PAIRS

Hello, everyone. Here go the results of the Worlds Predictions Game's first event. The podium has undergone significant changes as compared with the one after the SP. Out of 35 small gold medalists, only 3 of them were able to maintain the highest position. 103 out of 117 participants gained small medals after the SP, while after the ending notes of Sui/Han's music, there was place for "only" 54 medalists on the podium.

The final results is that we have 3 gold, 8 silver and 43 bronze medalists. Congratulations to everyone, especially to 5 participants who predicted Zabiiako/Enbert on the podium: CaroLiza_fan, Sherlock Marple, Step Sequence4, TT_Fin (correct bronze medal position) and Marius (silver medal).

The podium is as follows:

90 points

cake
casualfan
figurefan0726
Jeanie19
Kittosuni
LadyB
lichi
lutz
100 points

jenaj
KlausA
moonstruck
80 points

Alexcdj
Azcha
Baron Vladimir
Becki
BravesSkateFan
CaroLiza_fan
DenissVFan
Dreamer57
dunnoww
elektra blue
gizmo
gonewiththewind25
Hyena
invisiblespiral
Ladybug89
Marin
marulia
MrECartman
Naaat
Nadjell
NYscorp6
okokok1777
Phireye
Pocaguri
ragdoll
Roast Toast
RoyThree
ruga
satine
Seven Sisters
Shakuhachi
Shedi0806
Sherlock Marple
Skater Boy
StephenGfan
StitchMonkey
sunnystars
taylor1
TheBallerina
TT_Fin
voolfee
Winry
Yuzuruu

All the results will be uploaded to the Google Spreadsheet once the general Worlds Prediction Game thread is open again.

Silver in Pairs!!!! One more reasons to be cheerful! :dance3:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats ;) I used the reverse jinx powers, so I'm happy not getting on the podium with predictions :biggrin:

cell

On the Ice
These remarks from Morgan on IG are awful - bad that he thinks them, even worse that he shares them publicly. I give Vanessa all the kudos for skating as well as she did after an ACCIDENTAL collision.

What remarks? Is there a link?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Indeed. I checked the results and the formula didn't count the 10 points for having the 5th place prediction on the 8th place. I've already corrected it and the result is there are more silver and bronze medalists. And you are one of them :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not in pairs it isn't. US success in pairs has been missing a lonnngg time. We have not had a Worlds medal since Ina & Zimmerman 2002.

And for Tim and Ashley, it clinches two GP spots too. Which is very good, considering Ashley is only her third year skating pairs, and it is their first Worlds. Not mentioning Ashley is 167 cm tall, too, and they are coached in Texas by Ashley's parents, not at some center of pairs excellence, although with some help from Nina Mozer.

:cheer:

Not quite up to their 4CC result, but very good for them.

Yes, it is Ashley's third season skating with Tim.

BUT, don't forget that she did 6 seasons in Pairs previously, before focussing on Singles for 4 seasons and then coming back to Pairs with Tim.

So, she has actually done 9 seasons in total competing in Pairs.

1. 2006–07 Season: Pairs with Axel Severs
  2. 2007–08 Season: Singles; Pairs with Sergei Sidorov
  3. 2008–09 Season: Singles; Pairs with Sergei Sidorov
  4. 2009–10 Season: Singles; Pairs with Joshua Reagan
  5. 2010–11 Season: Singles; Pairs with Joshua Reagan
  6. 2011–12 Season: Singles; Pairs with Joshua Reagan
    2012–13 Season: Singles
    2013–14 Season: Singles
    2014–15 Season: Singles
    2015–16 Season: Singles
  7. 2016–17 Season: Pairs with Timothy LeDuc
  8. 2017–18 Season: Pairs with Timothy LeDuc
  9. 2018–19 Season: Pairs with Timothy LeDuc

(I can't find any Singles results from the 2006–07 season, so I assume she was just doing Pairs then).

As somebody who thought she was great in Singles, I was upset when Ashley finally dropped it to focus on Pairs when she partnered up with Tim. But now I can see that it was definitely the right decision, and has paid off big time.

It is just amazing what she has achieved this year!!!

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan