2019 World Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Free Skate

zebobes

Final Flight
Sui/Han's Choreo sequence is brilliant. The big points for this element come from the GOE, and they really milked the GOE on that element. Most of the other teams treat it like a throw away element, but it can make a big impact if it's done right.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I tried my best in the arena but ....��
T/M skated at their best. I’m very happy to see they skated live.

Aww thank you! (You weren't the one who shouted in the middle of T/M's skate were you? Kidding I'm sure that was Max T.)

What's it like watching those throws, lifts and twists in real life? Judging by how I go watching it on a screen, I'd probably pass out from gasping so much! :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is amazing how skaters like Sui and Han, hanyu, Yuna Kim, Shen and zhou, Plushenko, gordeeva and grinkov and at Euros Javier can come back from injuries or breaks and really not miss a beat. Sui and Han have always had issues with individual jumps but they did it when it counted.

Happy moments. Well Cain and Leduc should be over the moon they did top ten and earned two spots for the USA! Z and E and B and K and P and J - making such an impact here. Of course Sui and Han are absolutely joyous and should be!

Agony of defeat - Tarasova and Morozov I do feel for them. They need to add a new big trick ie quad throw or something and find programs that make them shine. Then do some amazing packaging. Germany no one noticed probably but I think they lost a spot. James and Cipres from favorites and the tiem seemed right. T and M struggling with consistency and not finding good vehicles and injuries from Sui andhan. No one saw them off the podium.

Neutral/Gray - MTM, the Italians, N Koreans - they weren't horrible but not overly inspiring.

monwara

Rinkside
Well...I try, but apparently my voice isn't as loud as my family always says it is in this case. :laugh2:

Aww thank you! (You weren't the one who shouted in the middle of T/M's skate were you? Kidding I'm sure that was Max T.)

What's it like watching those throws, lifts and twists in real life? Judging by how I go watching it on a screen, I'd probably pass out from gasping so much! :laugh:

I have to confess I can’t breathe while watching them. My heart was hard beating all program (confirmed by my Fitbit).😉😆

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This had to be one of the best skated pairs at worlds. James and Cipres, Peng and Jin, Z and E, B and K, Sui and Han, And T and M. Six really amazing freeskates. What Riches/treasures we have seen. I know some P and J fans were upset but really how can you - such amazing skates - all of them.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PREDICTIONS GAME RESULTS - PAIRS

Hello, everyone. Here go the results of the Worlds Predictions Game's first event. The podium has undergone significant changes as compared with the one after the SP. Out of 35 small gold medalists, only 3 of them were able to maintain the highest position. 103 out of 117 participants gained small medals after the SP, while after the ending notes of Sui/Han's music, there was place for "only" 54 medalists on the podium.

The final results is that we have 3 gold, 8 silver and 43 bronze medalists. Congratulations to everyone, especially to 5 participants who predicted Zabiiako/Enbert on the podium: CaroLiza_fan, Sherlock Marple, Step Sequence4, TT_Fin (correct bronze medal position) and Marius (silver medal).

The podium is as follows:

90 points

cake
casualfan
figurefan0726
Jeanie19
Kittosuni
LadyB
lichi
lutz
100 points

jenaj
KlausA
moonstruck
80 points

Alexcdj
Azcha
Baron Vladimir
Becki
BravesSkateFan
CaroLiza_fan
DenissVFan
Dreamer57
dunnoww
elektra blue
gizmo
gonewiththewind25
Hyena
invisiblespiral
Ladybug89
Marin
marulia
MrECartman
Naaat
Nadjell
NYscorp6
okokok1777
Phireye
Pocaguri
ragdoll
Roast Toast
RoyThree
ruga
satine
Seven Sisters
Shakuhachi
Shedi0806
Sherlock Marple
Skater Boy
StephenGfan
StitchMonkey
sunnystars
taylor1
TheBallerina
TT_Fin
voolfee
Winry
Yuzuruu

All the results will be uploaded to the Google Spreadsheet once the general Worlds Prediction Game thread is open again.

I think I have 80 pts too:)
- James/Cipres
- Sui/Han 20 pts
-Tarasova/Morozov 20 pts
- Peng/Jin 30 pts
- Moore-Towers/Marinaro 10 pts

gold12345

Medalist
Sui/Han pulled off some of the best triple salchows of their lives and showed no signs of having gone through so much trouble with her injuries. They were spellbinding today. Their throws are incredible when she's feeling it like that. Amazing improvement since 4 Continents even with limited training time.

Tarasova/Morozov skated well under the pressure of being in 1st place. They were errors, but it was one of their best competitions, and it was great to see them fight hard for everything. They have the best quality in the field and such beautiful pair elements.

I would have preferred Peng/Jin over Zabijako/Enbert. There is just something a little extra special about the way they do some of the elements, like the throws. Z/E were really great though.

Good for Cain/LeDuc for doing what they had to do to get the second spot for the US. I was surprised by some of the blown calls on their protocol sheet. They had a jarring fall on the throw 3S that should have been -5 across the board. Their twist mysteriously received Level 4 for the first time despite them only going for 3 features (one of which is a clean catch, which is debatable). And Ashley's SBS 3S wasn't close to rotated, but got full credit. It's been perplexing to see their scores escalate in the second half of the season without them really skating better internationally than they had in the first half of the season. Della Monica/Guarise and Moore-Towers/Marinaro also got some kind scoring, so it seemed as if the judges were making a conscious effort to have this be a high scoring event.

This event was rather heartbreaking for James/Cipres. They had the perfect vehicle this year to win, or at the very least get on the podium. But they are human and no matter how much of a favorite you are, sometimes things just don't go right. They fought back really well today though.

All in all, this pair event started off pretty rough and felt a bit thin in terms of depth, but by the end, it had produced some really great and exciting pair skating.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I love how Natalia seems to look taller than COng when thye took group picture on the ice :laugh:

Babe, I keep thinking of you! You must be over the moon! S/H were truly magnificent. Actually, I'm super happy with the entire podium and B/K's performance. :gclap:

Nika09

On the Ice
Lori with S/H during all that Pairs competition - is my whole mood you know...And I totally can't stand Queen Wenjing crying :sad21: Congratulations for the most brave and beautiful fighters around here!!

Pretty devastated for J/C and P/J though...

Shedi0806

On the Ice
I was crying after the salchow and my neighbors do not like me for all the screams today. Great pairs competiton! A bronze for me in the predictions, yay! :yahoo:

BrentWolgamott

Rinkside
So.....i know this sounds harsh, but I'm sure glad that Vanessa and Morgan didn't get a consolation bronze. To me, it was gold or bust for them this year. I preferred Peng/Jin and even Zabiiako and Enbert, tho not my cup of tea, they have fabulous elements. I'm also a bit annoyed that Morgan on Insta blames Vanessa getting hit in the warm-up for their performance. HE doubled the toeloop in both programs -- I dunno how Vanessa colliding with Matteo hurt Morgans' 3T's.

Anyway -- amazing skate for Sui/Han. Gotta feel a little for Tarasova and Morozov -- best skate in AGES for them, and she lands everything -- only for Sui/Han to land EVERYTHING. Amazing competition.

EDIT: I forgot to add -- my KIDS, the baby Russians.....Boikova and Kozlovskii -- I CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM TO RULE THE WORLD. THEY ARE SUBLIME.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was crying after the salchow and my neighbors do not like me for all the screams today. Great pairs competiton! A bronze for me in the predictions, yay! :yahoo:

The shriek I emitted after Wenjing The Queen landed 3S was LOUD. And I clapped. And cried. What a final, what a champions pair...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As an afterthought I congratulate all three medalists. Chinese pair was completely perfect and even if T/M FP was more to my taste I must admit they deserved it. For T/M, there were voices that they won't gain any medal at all, so I hope this showed something to the critics.

Also, who won my heart are of course Boikova/Kozlovski, I believe they have such a bright future ahead, Personally I would put them on 5th place.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So.....i know this sounds harsh, but I'm sure glad that Vanessa and Morgan didn't get a consolation bronze. To me, it was gold or bust for them this year. I preferred Peng/Jin and even Zabiiako and Enbert, tho not my cup of tea, they have fabulous elements. I'm also a bit annoyed that Morgan on Insta blames Vanessa getting hit in the warm-up for their performance. HE doubled the toeloop in both programs -- I dunno how Vanessa colliding with Matteo hurt Morgans' 3T's.

Anyway -- amazing skate for Sui/Han. Gotta feel a little for Tarasova and Morozov -- best skate in AGES for them, and she lands everything -- only for Sui/Han to land EVERYTHING. Amazing competition.

EDIT: I forgot to add -- my KIDS, the baby Russians.....Boikova and Kozlovskii -- I CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM TO RULE THE WORLD. THEY ARE SUBLIME.

These remarks from Morgan on IG are awful - bad that he thinks them, even worse that he shares them publicly. I give Vanessa all the kudos for skating as well as she did after an ACCIDENTAL collision.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
So happy for Z/E, especially Natalia. I remember when she stopped competing for Estonia to win big medals and people were making fun in the media about it and saying she betrayed our trust. And here she is, European, Olympic and Worlds medalist! You go girl! ❤️