2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 477 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Berestovskaya should have technical advance and esp. her SP in Moscow was very good. Adeliya is overally more advanced in skills and performance, but it will be her first even after a long time and at the novice championships she didn't do well.
Yes, very much depends on Adelia's form. We know where Liza is, but we don't know where Adelia is.

I hope Liza does a fully successful quad element this time

And I very much like Lizochka's new SP

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm confused. In the excitement of watching Liza skate, I thought she zayaked with the 2A. Checking the protocols, it looks like she didn't though. Why then is the 2A in the sequence invalidated?

Edit: Further checking reveals that the Zayak rule doesn't even apply to double jumps. :scratch2:

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
ihdYL82isWQ.jpg

4spd_Kcp2C0.jpg

Dudakov, don't hide. You should be equally proud of the achievements of your charges.

NmmwMD7rUd0.jpg

2NWCsu7-nNA.jpg

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yes but a Plushy's girl will win. The question is just who? Not much suspense.
When the world is not enough for both of them ....

Beginning trainer will have to make some tough choices, the Angel or the Destroyer ...

It will be psychologically be the toughest stage yet, so we should wish all the skaters a good preparation, both physically and mentally.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Berestovskaya should have technical advance and esp. her SP in Moscow was very good. Adeliya is overally more advanced in skills and performance, but it will be her first event after a long time and at the novice championships she didn't do well.
Dmitriyeva had a triksel last year, but it wasn't very good and she didn't compete it in Panin Memorial.

Ovchinnikova might also have medal chances in addition to the three above.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm confused. In the excitement of watching Liza skate, I thought she zayaked with the 2A. Checking the protocols, it looks like she didn't though. Why then is the 2A in the sequence invalidated?

Edit: Further checking reveals that the Zayak rule doesn't even apply to double jumps. :scratch2:
It applies on doubles, but separately from triples and quads. So you can repeat two triples/quad and triple AND a double.

Magill

Record Breaker
To me the battle between Alena and Sasha will be pretty exciting. To see Alena's whole new program. What her jumps are like.
Exciting but bound to be heartbreaking at the same time! I love them both, have rooted for them both, and now while one will win :clap::party2:, the other has to lose :(:console: .... Oh, well!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

It was invalidated because she did 1 1/2 turns before going into the 2A. You are allowed to turn a maximum of one rotation on the ice after landing the jump and then to do your combo, if you rotate more the combo gets invalidated.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Some thoughts from today:

Anna: Another win! Her 4F was fantastic today, much better than stage 1. I probably would've scored her a little lower given her mistakes, but she did really well and she's booked her ticket to nationals! I enjoy this program much more than her short, it shows off the airiness of her skating so well.

Daria: Ah, she was SO close to going 4 for 4 with clean programs! I don't love this program for her, but she does the best she can with it. She seems to have settled in to the season quite well. And congrats to her for qualifying to her first senior nationals! It'll be really interesting to see how she places there.

Liza T: I really like this program for her and I think it has a ton of potential. It's just very interesting choreographically and I love seeing her try new things. Another 3A as well! Great to see that she's regained that jump. The rest of the program was pretty messy but if she can pull it all together I know it'll be great.

Sofia: The first half of her program was great; those jumps looked better than they've looked in a LONG time. Such a shame that the second half kinda fell apart. This program is a miss for me, but it's so nice to see her getting back to top form!

Liza N: Toe jumps don't exist as far as I'm concerned :laugh: She's such a beautiful skater regardless of how the jumps go, my sentimental favorite forever.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
..... Tuktamysheva today failed so much because she was thinking about the judges before her own skating. If he did a perfect skating with his 2 3A, no judge would take away the gold after Shcherbakova's mistakes, but no, he had to follow the clown game and make mistake after mistake...
That's an interesting hot take. Really Anna only made 1 mistake and Liza would have always struggled to beat that with her layout the way it is, even with Anna's mistake. I love the empress but that was not an unusual skate for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.