Zlata Murashova TSPF Kudryavtseva V. N. 2009
Nika Kasyanov Olympic No4 2008

brakes

On the Ice
Withdrawn
3 Sofia Balashova Crystal Sambo-70 2008
6 Ulyana Vasilyeva Snow Leopards 2009
11 Veronika Zhilina Plushenko 2008

Great SP skate by Luba Rubtsova. Currently at the top of the leader board.
Far from great, pretty average skate imo.
Uliana Vasilieva is great artistic talent with jumping problems. She had beautiful program 2 years ago showcasing her performance skills. :love:

Fluture

You will see her in a crown
Record Breaker
Luba Rubtsova's SP/ She is currently in 2nd position, behind Mariia Paramonova

I like her but found the other girl that was shared here before (Kostyleva, I think?) better. She was faster, more precise and well—rounded. Also better on the jumps, though she only did a 3Lz+2T if I remember correctly... They’re both coached by Eteri, aren’t they? Are they the same age?

Giltedge

Final Flight
I like her but found the other girl that was shared here before (Kostyleva, I think?) better. She was faster, more precise and well—rounded. Also better on the jumps, though she only did a 3Lz+2T if I remember correctly... They’re both coached by Eteri, aren’t they? Are they the same age?

Yes, I do agree with you. They are both promising but there is already something special about Elena Kostylieva. They are actually in separate classes (Elena K is 9 yo and in Younger, Luba R in Elder). Elena was in Eteri's school formerly but is now at CSKA Zhuk.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Kostyleva left Eteri last year, if you remember her mom was a bit "extra" when describing the reasons for her daughter’s departure. I don't know whether any of what she said was ever true, but she went on to insult poor Parsegova for no reason.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Yes, I do agree with you. They are both promising but there is already something special about Elena Kostylieva. They are actually in separate classes (Elena K is 9 yo and in Younger, Luba R in Elder). Elena was in Eteri's school formerly but is now at CSKA Zhuk.

Actually, it's a bit confusing, because there are two schools styling themselves "Zhuk". Elena Kostylieva is not with CSKA, but in a relatively new school founded about 2 years ago: Ice Forum Skating Club, under the leadership of Natalia Mityushina., for children 3 to 18.

Fluture

You will see her in a crown
Record Breaker
Kostyleva left Eteri last year, if you remember she was a bit "extra" when describing the reasons for her departure. I don't know whether any of what she said was ever true, but she went on to insult poor Parsegova for no reason.

Um, I have to admit I’m not exactly knowledgeable about skaters pre juniors other than the biggest stars like Zhilina and Akatieva. I remember there being some drama with a Rozanov—Tutberidze student but didn’t know it was Kostyleva. Good to know, I guess, though it’s hard to imagine a 9 year old kid insulting another kid. :eek:

Giltedge

Final Flight
As a matter of interest and relevance

( :palmf: and to try to steer this thread away from silly gossip )

Here are last year's results of the competition we are watching this week...

Elder Girls
1 Sofiya Samoldelkina CSKA Zhuk
2 Elizabeth Berestovskaia CSKA Zhuk
3 Veronica Zhilina Crystal Sambo-70
4 Sofiya Akatieva Crystal Sambo-70
5 Adeliya Petrosyan Crystal Sambo-70
6 Mariia Zakharova Crystal Sambo-70
7 Anastasiia Morozova CSKA Zhuk

Younger Girls
1 Sofiya Titova Angels Academy
2 Lyubov Rubtsova Crystal Sambo-70
3 Sofiya Shifrina Snow Leopards
4 Sofiya Jepka CSKA Zhuk
5 Anastasiia Lysykh Angels Academy
6 Elena Kostylieva Crystal Sambo-70
7 Maria Gordeeva CSKA Zhuk

esteticlove

Final Flight
I don't know if this was discussed here, but apparently Alina and Zhenya will be the leaders of the two teams competing at the 1st Channel Cup. That's a really cool idea!

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Kostyleva is in the younger girls group so she can't do a 3-3 combo in the short. But yes I agree, Kostyleva was really amazing to watch. I can't wait to see how she develops later.

Anoosheh

Rinkside
Since the Plushenko duel never materialized, can we use those weapons for the Zagitova v Medvedeva team event instead?
Oooh I like that... :coffee:
I mean if they want to stir up some drama, they should at least do it right! I was initially thinking "Plushenko vs Yagudin" would have been a much better choice, But I like your suggestion even more :biggrin:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As a matter of interest and relevance

( :palmf: and to try to steer this thread away from silly gossip )

Here are last year's results of the competition we are watching this week...

Elder Girls
1 Sofiya Samoldelkina CSKA Zhuk
2 Elizabeth Berestovskaia CSKA Zhuk
3 Veronica Zhilina Crystal Sambo-70
4 Sofiya Akatieva Crystal Sambo-70
5 Adeliya Petrosyan Crystal Sambo-70
6 Mariia Zakharova Crystal Sambo-70
7 Anastasiia Morozova CSKA Zhuk

Younger Girls
1 Sofiya Titova Angels Academy
2 Lyubov Rubtsova Crystal Sambo-70
3 Sofiya Shifrina Snow Leopards