2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 602 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Also you know what i find funny? A lot of critics of Russian Ladies cite the fact that only teenagers are competing and not enough "mature women" (which is pretty sexist), but I just watched NHK Trophy (I'd totally recommend any hardcore skating - like skating skills - fans to watch the entirety of the Ladies event), and I'm pretty sure the oldest person there was 21. The majority of skaters there were 16 to 18 which qualifies them still as teens. It's just the same thing as the quad argument and the lutz edge arguments, sure, it is a problem, but don't just point at the Russian girls that you hate as examples when clearly these issues are worldwide. Sorry, this has nothing to do with anyone in this thread, I'm just soo annoyed by YouTube and Instagram comments. If I see another "flooptz" used as an insult to Russian teenagers when the Koreans, Americans, Japanese, all flutz and pre-rotate

Amei

Record Breaker
Also you know what i find funny? A lot of critics of Russian Ladies cite the fact that only teenagers are competing and not enough "mature women" (which is pretty sexist), but I just watched NHK Trophy (I'd totally recommend any hardcore skating - like skating skills - fans to watch the entirety of the Ladies event), and I'm pretty sure the oldest person there was 21. The majority of skaters there were 16 to 18 which qualifies them still as teens. It's just the same thing as the quad argument and the lutz edge arguments, sure, it is a problem, but don't just point at the Russian girls that you hate as examples when clearly these issues are worldwide. Sorry, this has nothing to do with anyone in this thread, I'm just soo annoyed by YouTube and Instagram comments. If I see another "flooptz" used as an insult to Russian teenagers when the Koreans, Americans, Japanese, all flutz and pre-rotate

Russian ladies are the ones winning most competitions so they are the fixture for hate even though they are not the only skaters with technique issues that don't get called and learning quads really young. But I get what you are saying the hypocrisy is annoying

Last edited:

Gabby30

On the Ice
Well, wouldn't you all overhype these Russian teenage girls ( even going so far to put down other skaters, especially men- how many time did we hear in a mocking way how these little girls are outjumping boys and how many they would beat if they would compete in the men's event:rolleye: ), then there wouldn't be such a backlash :shrug: You can go back and read comments in this forum for the last 2 seasons

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Well, wouldn't you all overhype these Russian teenage girls ( even going so far to put down other skaters, especially men- how many time did we hear in a mocking way how these little girls are outjumping boys and how many they would beat if they would compete in the men's event:rolleye: ), then there wouldn't be such a backlash :shrug: You can go back and read comments in this forum for the last 2 seasons
OK.
I see you belong to the "Two Wrongs Make it Right School".
Not very nice.
In the extremis we see where that leads to.... (death threats to a certain Russian Ladies skater circa 2014)

Without looking back over 2 years, I *think* the only skater who was said to "beat the boys at their own game" was Sasha Trusova.
I could be wrong, though. Please post some concrete examples if this is the case.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
OK.
I see you belong to the "Two Wrongs Make it Right School".
Not very nice.
In the extremis we see where that leads to.... (death threats to a certain Russian Ladies skater circa 2014)

Without looking back over 2 years, I *think* the only skater who was said to "beat the boys at their own game" was Sasha Trusova.
I could be wrong, though. Please post some concrete examples if this is the case.
You will never get any good examples from that poster. She's trolling and is only interested in upsetting.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Do we have any start lists for the russian cup coming up this weekend?
I'm waiting impatiently too.

What we know is that Kostornaia, Guliakova, Tuktamysheva and Valieva are all supposed to be there. And also Sinitsyna but I doubt we will see her. :(

Then, logic says that Tsibinova, Tarakanova and Sultanmagemedova will be there too. And maybe Sidorova. Then I don't know.

Medvedeva? I doubt it.

But I :pray: that we might see Gubanova and/or Sakhanovich! I know it is not very likely, but I sooo wonder where they've been, have they completely given up?

Can't wait...

Last edited:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
When I say Sasha Trusova would placed [insert however well she would have done in the mens event] in the mens event, I don't mean to say "oh the men are so weak, they are losing to a little girl!" I'm praising Sasha for her technical ability. Way to only see one side of the argument. Russian Ladies are overhyped, but does that take away from the fact that people are saying that in Russia only teenagers compete, when in all countries (barring US) only teenagers compete in the ladies event?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
When I say Sasha Trusova would placed [insert however well she would have done in the mens event] in the mens event, I don't mean to say "oh the men are so weak, they are losing to a little girl!" I'm praising Sasha for her technical ability. Way to only see one side of the argument. Russian Ladies are overhyped, but does that take away from the fact that people are saying that in Russia only teenagers compete, when in all countries (barring US) only teenagers compete in the ladies event?
Just to compare men vs ladies

If you give the ladies the same PCS factoring like the men gets, then last year's RusNats would have been combined
1. Shcherbakova 289.32
2. Kostornaia 288.68
3. Aliev 260.98
4. Danielian 253.42
5. Samarin 252.74
6. Trusova 252.33

So, the top 2 ladies would have crushed the men, and Trusova with a bad skate still got 6th.

At Europeans it would have been:
1. Aliev 272.89
2. Kostornaia 267.96
3. Shcherbakova 264.35
4. Trusova 250.76
5. Danielian 246.74

Kostornaia/Shcherbakova/Trusova all had falls in their skate. If clean-ish they would have beaten Aliev.

All this of course with the fact that the men can do quads in the short, ladies can't.

Last edited:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why you do dis, Jontor? How do you know the men's panel of judges will score things exactly the same way as the ladies panel did? Maybe judge #4 from the men's panel really prefer emo-rock hands over vampire hands. :laugh:🧛‍♀️:rock:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria

What we know is that Kostornaia, Guliakova, Tuktamysheva and Valieva are all supposed to be there. And also Sinitsyna but I doubt we will see her. :(

Then, logic says that Tsibinova, Tarakanova and Sultanmagemedova will be there too. And maybe Sidorova. Then I don't know.

Medvedeva? I doubt it.

But I :pray: that we might see Gubanova and/or Sakhanovich! I know it is not very likely, but I sooo wonder where they've been, have they completely given up?

Can't wait...
Official start lists for CoR Stage 5 are here: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/5etap2021_participants_ms.pdf
No Zhenya, but Nastia T.! Also apparently two sisters, Ksenia and Daria Okladnikova (never heard of them before, I have to admit).

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker

Medvedeva? I doubt it.

Can't wait...
I've given up and I'm assuming nastya has given up too. Although she did win the Saint Petersburg Cup in early December last year with her highest senior score ever.

But people who are on Instagram would know better because the girls would be posting pictures of themselves training and skating. Is that the case? Ilm not on instagram so I wouldn't know.

I wouldn't blame serafima if she gave up either. SS is another skater in a long line of skaters who leave EG and TT and are never that good again. :( I just hope these girls are healthy and well because we live in a very troubled world with covid-19 that just won't go away.

I also would blame no athlete or performer of any kind that just laid low I'm trying to stay healthy. A lot of the Russian skaters have been ill this year with covid-19 and pneumonia and I'm sure their contemporaries in Russia are watching this and wondering if training and competing with put their health at risk for covid-19 or pneumonia. The answer is yes. It's just the way it is and I hope by the time next season starts in September that this worldwide pandemic is behind us.

Last edited:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Official start lists for CoR Stage 5 are here: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/5etap2021_participants_ms.pdf
No Zhenya, but Nastia T.! Also apparently two sisters, Ksenia and Daria Okladnikova (never heard of them before, I have to admit).
Thanks for sharing
So we get:

Medal contenders: Valieva, Kostornaia and Tuktamysheva
Skaters fighting for a Nationals spot: Gulyakova, Sultanmagomedova, Onishenko, Tsibinova and Tarakanova
(Someone of these might challenge for a medal if any of the top three have an off weekend)
And skaters I know nothing of: Kostina, Parinova and two presumably sisters Okladnikova

There seem to be a few spots left and skaters like Andeeva and Sarnovskaya have only had one event and have a smal chance of making nationals with a second event. But I guess this isnt the final list so maybe others will be added in?
All categories seemed a bit empty but especially men with top contenders like Aliev and Samarin having only one event...

Do we have a list for juniors as well?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Thanks for sharing
So we get:

Medal contenders: Valieva, Kostornaia and Tuktamysheva
Skaters fighting for a Nationals spot: Gulyakova, Sultanmagomedova, Onishenko, Tsibinova and Tarakanova
(Someone of these might challenge for a medal if any of the top three have an off weekend)
And skaters I know nothing of: Kostina, Parinova and two presumably sisters Okladnikova

There seem to be a few spots left and skaters like Andeeva and Sarnovskaya have only had one event and have a smal chance of making nationals with a second event. But I guess this isnt the final list so maybe others will be added in?
All categories seemed a bit empty but especially men with top contenders like Aliev and Samarin having only one event...

Do we have a list for juniors as well?
Kostina was at Stage Four scoring 168 points. The Okladnikova sisters competed at one stage each last year but scored only 130 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.