2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Is he Leonid Sviridenko? https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJiQXQK-zl/ Did he go to Plushenko Academy?

Nice to hear news of Sviridenko! I looked him up after really liking both his programmes from Russian Nationals (check them out!), but couldn't find much info on him. That surprised me, because he has nice skating skills, interesting choreo and good jumps (e.g. 4Lo). Maybe he's just in need of someone to maximise his potential/improve consistency. Anyhow all I know is he used to train with Mishin, then Oleg Tataurov, so this would mean he has recently moved from SPB to Moscow.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Hmmm, not so happy about it. It is my fav program of his, but this season is the last before Oly and the last one to try new things...

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Hmmm, not so happy about it. It is my fav program of his, but this season is the last before Oly and the last one to try new things...

Well the pandemic delayed training and on top of that he's hurt so there isn't really much time to experiment and try new things. He's better off doing programs he already knows and trying to work on making his elements better. There is a lot he needs to work on

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Watching the second half of Petr Gumennik's skate (overall very pretty and lots of potential!) is where you start thinking to yourself, "Sergey Voronov would have rocked this!" :laugh: Petr isn't quite seasoned enough to bring the voidy drama just yet but it was a nice attempt

Hmm, I think he did it very well and better than Voronov would’ve.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nice to hear news of Sviridenko! I looked him up after really liking both his programmes from Russian Nationals (check them out!), but couldn't find much info on him. That surprised me, because he has nice skating skills, interesting choreo and good jumps (e.g. 4Lo). Maybe he's just in need of someone to maximise his potential/improve consistency. Anyhow all I know is he used to train with Mishin, then Oleg Tataurov, so this would mean he has recently moved from SPB to Moscow.
Interesting! I saw Leonid on an Angel's post and thought he looked familiar, I must have seen him at Rus Nats last year.

I wish him luck!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Mozalev, a St. Petersburg native, explained that both programs are connected. “The short program is about Marquis de Sade and at the end of the program he is losing his mind. And then it continues in the long program. I’ve worked a lot on the choreography. I practised the program in front of a mirror.”
Apparently Andrei is portraying the Marquis de Sade in both his programmes?!
Davydenko mentioned post-test skates that the costume will be a hint to the plot and hoped that fans will appreciate it... now I'm simultaneously curious and a bit terrified 😳

Not sure if Sade ever appreciated Bach's music, but I've had suspicions about Bach's sadistic intent when playing some of his pieces -.-

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
well De Sade was more of a poser than an actual sadist :LOL: anyway this is anoriginal choice, not sure it's fit for such a young boy, not from a moralistic point of view, but for the depth something like that requires

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
well De Sade was more of a poser than an actual sadist :LOL: anyway this is anoriginal choice, not sure it's fit for such a young boy, not from a moralistic point of view, but for the depth something like that requires
He seems to be doing a decent job at interpreting the music, if not the intended theme, so hopefully the judges and audience will be ok with it :) He looks too sweet and innocent for a literal interpretation!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was mostly... Makar is standing upright, so all good. But, yes, Kovalev deserves the accolades for a nice clean skate!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, lordie... this was an emotionally challenging competition. That would be the first time I have seen someone tying their boot in the middle of it all.

I am happy Savosin did better—I remember him from JGP and hope he gets a bit of a break in the seniors.

and, well, I had to listen to my mom explaining at length how it is harder for Ignatov because he is so big and tall, but how he is so amazing regardless of falls because he has such wonderful feel for music. Before I had my coffee. Aww.

overall, though, it was hard to watch the free... timing just seems too short for them to be ready to skate.

Last edited: