2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
In the end of this long, rambling video from a week ago, it states that Samsonov paused his career due to his joint illness, quoting the medical staff of the National Team.
Poor guy.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In the end of this long, rambling video from a week ago, it states that Samsonov paused his career due to his joint illness, quoting the medical staff of the National Team.
Sad, such talented boy. I guess it's Osgood–Schlatter disease. :(

mrrice

Record Breaker
I know I could Google this but, it's much more fun to ask here. Is Plushy the last Russian Man to win Worlds?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Samsonov is on the entry list for Junior Nats. :shrug:
https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/junnat_2021_participants.pdf

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jr Nationals roster:
1611678664740.png
Maxim Avtushenko, Andrey Anisimov, Maxim Belyavsky, Alexander Golubev, Vladislav Dikidzhi, Fedor Zonov, Vsevolod Knyazev, Artem Kovalev, Andrey Kutovoy, Mark Lukin, Ivan Popov, Egor Rukhin, Daniil Samsonov, Kirill Sarnovsky, Semyon Solovenko, Nikolay Ugozhaev, Ilya Yablokov.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Per Samokhvalov, Vetlugin had to withdraw due to old leg injury flaring up again.
Noooo, Matvei 😭 This might have been the last chance for him to shine before he gets buried in the senior ranks by people with better jumps...

I see Mark Kondratiuk isn't bothering with Jr Nats... Understandable though, with the senior bronze.

Jr Nationals roster:

Maxim Avtushenko, Andrey Anisimov, Maxim Belyavsky, Alexander Golubev, Vladislav Dikidzhi, Fedor Zonov, Vsevolod Knyazev, Artem Kovalev, Andrey Kutovoy, Mark Lukin, Ivan Popov, Egor Rukhin, Daniil Samsonov, Kirill Sarnovsky, Semyon Solovenko, Nikolay Ugozhaev, Ilya Yablokov.
Thanks to Russian Cup Pandemic Edition, I can remember off the bat who coaches everyone on that list, except Ivan Popov :D (Sorry Ivan!)
P.S. Semyon Soloviev, I think?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Daniil is still so small...

TT-juniors2021.jpg

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Yablokov is disappointed with one thing these junior nationals... the lack of ice cream in K&C!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

Yablokov is disappointed with one thing these junior nationals... the lack of ice cream in K&C!
Oh no 😆 I hope he stays strong and motivated for the free skate despite this setback!