2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Free Skate | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's not lazy to withdraw if its needed, but Shcherbakova knows her body both her parents and coaches asked her to withdraw but were willing to let her make the decision to skate or not, given her parents interview history they don't come off as willing to risk her health; given that I think her issues were more likely tied to a lack of program run throughs/stamina because she's been recovering not necessarily that's she still ill.
OK I'll bite though I may live to regret asking.

What is your opinion, then, on Plushy withdrawing Aliona (apparently against her desire, but on doctor's advice - Anna's doctor also wanted her to withdraw) from Nats? Was he right? Or was he standing in Aliona's way and ruining her chances to make Worlds or even the Olympics?

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Sorry but I don’t get all the hype over Valieva. She is technically very good but I see no interpretation at all. You could play literally any music over her skate and it would be the same. Looks very juniorish to me, like she is doing exactly what her coach told her to do but there is no feeling in it. Her face usually looks scared. I can understand the technical score if she was winning based on that. Her spins are amazing and she can do quads but I just dont understand what people are seeing in the performance skills. I have no problem with her, but she is very young and it seems like all the shortcomings are overlooked. I see a young skater with great potential who has a lot of work to do in performance and musicality.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OK I'll bite though I may live to regret asking.

What is your opinion, then, on Plushy withdrawing Aliona (apparently against her desire, but on doctor's advice - Anna's doctor also wanted her to withdraw) from Nats? Was he right? Or was he standing in Aliona's way and ruining her chances to make Worlds or even the Olympics?
Aliona wants to be a doctor, so maybe she's easier to convince.
At this rate it'll be Valieva winning the Olympics because she has less time to cumulate injuries.

Matthew

On the Ice
Sorry but I don’t get all the hype over Valieva. She is technically very good but I see no interpretation at all. You could play literally any music over her skate and it would be the same. Looks very juniorish to me, like she is doing exactly what her coach told her to do but there is no feeling in it. Her face usually looks scared. I can understand the technical score if she was winning based on that. Her spins are amazing and she can do quads but I just dont understand what people are seeing in the performance skills. I have no problem with her, but she is very young and it seems like all the shortcomings are overlooked. I see a young skater with great potential who has a lot of work to do in performance and musicality.
That's totally nonsense. She's interpreting the music very deeply, skating with feeling and emotions. Of course, she hasn't the maturity of skaters who are two years older, yet.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I guess it might be something like Open Cup of Figure Skating Federation of Moscow 💡
Yes you are right. I did some more research and finally found it in a comment under a post on sports.ru. :thank: