2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

ntnext

Rinkside
Moscow Junior Competition - FP

9. Mariya Kuznetsova - Daniil Venediktov - 2Lz(e)+1Eu+2S, 2Tw1, 5SLiB, 2FTh, BiDs1, 2Lo, 2LoTh, 4LiB, ChSq1, PCoSp tek 26.78, comp 34.93 scors 61,71
8. Milana Trubacheva - Vladislav Smirnov - 3Tw1, 3T< (fall), 5RLi4, 3FTh, ChSq1, 2A+1Eu+2S, 2LoTh (fall), 3Li4, BiDs2, PCoSp (0 points) tek 36.06, comp 36.65 ded -2 (falls) scors 70,71
7. Milana Matakaeva - Aleksandr Rebrik - 3Tw1, 3T<<+2T (fall), 2LoTh, 3S<< (fall), 5RLi4, ChSq1, 2STh, BoDs (0Points), 3Li4, PCoSp4 tek 33.14, comp 39.61 ded -2 (falls) scors 70,75
6. Daria Boyarintseva - Maksim Shagalov - 3Tw1, 3T< (fall), 3S<+COMBO (fall), ChSq1, 3Li4, 3FTh, BoDs1, 3LoTh, 5ALi4, PCoSp (0Points) tek 37.45, comp 43.59 ded -2 (falls) scors 79,04
5. Ekaterina Geynish - Andrey Sachkov - 2Tw1, 2Lz, 1F(e)+2T+2T, 5TLi1, 2FTh, BiDs4, ChSq1, 4Li2, 2STh, PCoSp4 tek 35.64, comp 43.87 scors 79,51
4. Aleksandra Finokhina - Vladislav Antonyshev - 3Tw2, 2LoTh, 2A+1Eu+2S, 2T, 5ALi2, ChSq1, 2STh, BiDs1, PCoSp3V (nU) tek 40.88, comp 49.07 scors 89,95
3. Ekaterina Belova - Dmitriy Chigiryev - 2A+1Eu+2S<< (fall), 3Tw1, 3T<(fall), 3FTh, 5ALi1, ChSq1, 3LoTh, BiDs2, 3Li3, CoSp3V (nC) tek 40.35, comp 54.94 scors 93,28 https://youtu.be/BzXsZ88EBqY
2. Natalia Khabibullina - Ilya Knyazhuk - 3Tw2, 3Lz<+1Eu+2S, 5ALi4, 3FTh, ChSq1, 4Li3, 3LoTh, 3Lo<, BiDs2, PCoSp1V (nS) tek 49.68, comp 53.87 scors 103,55 https://youtu.be/BzXsZ88EBqY
1. Anastasia Mukhortova - Dmitriy Evgenyev - 3Tw4, 3S+1Eu+2S, 3T, 5TLi3, 2LzTh, PCoSp3, 3Li3, 3LoTh (fall), ChSq1, BoDs3 tek 50.13, comp 58.26 ded -1 (fall) scors 107.39 https://youtu.be/9SeKk8kahOI

Total scors:

9. Mariya Kuznetsova - Daniil Venediktov scors 99.32 SP 9 FP 9
8. Milana Trubacheva - Vladislav Smirnov scors 118.45 SP 7 FP 8
7. Milana Matakaeva - Aleksandr Rebrik scors 119.58 SP 6 FP 7
6. Ekaterina Geynish - Andrey Sachkov scors 121.84 SP 8 FP 5
5. Daria Boyarintseva - Maksim Shagalov scors 132.29 SP 5 FP 6
4. Aleksandra Finokhina - Vladislav Antonyshev scors 144.18 SP 4 FP 4
3. Ekaterina Belova - Dmitriy Chigiryev scors 156.77 SP 1 FP 3
2. Natalia Khabibullina - Ilya Knyazhuk scors 158.14 SP 3 FP 2
1. Anastasia Mukhortova - Dmitriy Evgenyev scors 163.21 SP 2 FP 1

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Khabibulina/Kniazhuk have some pretty ambitious tech, especially throws/SBS jumps! But I guess they're probably fresh off singles and need more work on their pairs elements. Mukhortova/Evgeniev are fun to watch - she is especially expressive :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Pairs, SP from the test skates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLf4-jifoo8

The level esp. from Boikova/Kozlovskii, Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, is very high, esp. considering the limited time for preparations. Also M/G should be mentioned for they made huge improvement under Tamara Moskvina.

readernick

Medalist
In my opinion, B/K and (surprisingly) M/G were on a different level last night. Moskvina is the queen. She got M/G to show real personality on the ice.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
In my opinion, B/K and (surprisingly) M/G were on a different level last night. Moskvina is the queen. She got M/G to show real personality on the ice.

Moskvina knows exactly where her teams stand artistically and what they need to work on. B/K need to show themselves as more sophisticated and polished in their movements and M/G more expressive and to pay more attention to little details in choreography. That's exactly what these programs force them to do. It's how they will grow and become better.

And although I loved the whole "Mickey and Judy let's put on a show" MGM musical vibe P/K had they did look more juniorish in comparison to B/K and M/G. I know many senior skaters have used the same music without that problem but I guess its their very youthful appearance that does them in for me. They still looked good though

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I love M/G program. When will get more routine, it will be a joy to watch it.

B/K program looks ready already and sophisticated, but somehow the music is too monotonous and the program has not a high point, a conclusion. They are marvellous to watch and still the program bored me.

P/K have moved to seniors too early. They have needed sheltered time to grow and now they have to do it being compared to seniors standards. They are improving a lot from one season to the other, but they are still not there.

readernick

Medalist
I loved M/G's SP, but I thought the second half of the free was rather a mess choreographically and it wasn't skated well. B/K looked good. I can't get into P/K skates even though they are obviously talented.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I loved M/G's SP, but I thought the second half of the free was rather a mess choreographically and it wasn't skated well. B/K looked good. I can't get into P/K skates even though they are obviously talented.

I actually don't think it was mess at all. I could see what they were trying to do choreography wise with all the building of the highlight moves and We are the Champions instrumental. They were suppose to let go and fly free and get the crowd going crazy (and there were moments when the crowd did cheer). Get that big standing ovation at the end. Kind of like those Shen/Zhou Michelle Kwan moments where they would completely explode and blow the roof off the building. A team that was more artistically expressive would have sold it brilliantly. Problem is M/G aren't there yet artistically so it feels flat and uneventful. Hopefully as the season goes on and they get more mileage in the program it starts coming

readernick

Medalist
I actually don't think it was mess at all. I could see what they were trying to do choreography wise with all the building of the highlight moves and We are the Champions instrumental. They were suppose to let go and fly free and get the crowd going crazy (and there were moments when the crowd did cheer). Get that big standing ovation at the end. Kind of like those Shen/Zhou Michelle Kwan moments where they would completely explode and blow the roof off the building. A team that was more artistically expressive would have sold it brilliantly. Problem is M/G aren't there yet artistically so it feels flat and uneventful. Hopefully as the season goes on and they get more mileage in the program it starts coming

Your probably right.. I really believe Moskvina can't produce anything that doesn't work in some way. Somehow she made the My Way of B/K work when it really shouldn't have.... but last night the second half looked a complete mess. M/G have work to do. I thought they might challenge B/K this year after seein their SP, but the LP did not give me the same confidence.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Sounds like Pavliuchenko/Khodykin used Gregory Lemarchal's original version of 'SOS d'un terrien en detresse', for which I am glad :thumbsup: Falsetto seems to me more desperate and touching than head voice, though of course both his and Dimash's versions have tragic stories associated :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Overally the pairs were the highlight of the event this season, all three strongest pairs did exceptionally well. They look amazingly prepared, I just hope they will have the opportunity to show themselves internationally. The other two had mistakes, but still it was the very high standard.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So, Tarasova/Morozov withdrew from the 1st stage of the Cup, Vladimir was positively tested for coronavirus (so we can expect they will withdraw from the other one as well).

hanca

Record Breaker
Valeria Ponosova is on Russian ice partner search since yesterday. So the partnership with Ialin probably did not work out.

Artemisa

Final Flight
So, Tarasova/Morozov withdrew from the 1st stage of the Cup, Vladimir was positively tested for coronavirus (so we can expect they will withdraw from the other one as well).
I have a doubt.. so he got on a plane without doing test before?