2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
I have a doubt.. so he got on a plane without doing test before?
He said he will be retested in September 28, so I’m guessing the positive test was the 14th. They were tested at the airport when they arrived the 7th and that would have been negative.

The average incubation period is 5 days, so he may not have caught it until he was back in Moscow.

They now hope to do SA and then two of the later Russian Cup events.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
So, Tarasova/Morozov withdrew from the 1st stage of the Cup, Vladimir was positively tested for coronavirus (so we can expect they will withdraw from the other one as well).
very bad news (i miss the multiquote...)

hanca

Record Breaker
He said he will be retested in September 28, so I’m guessing the positive test was the 14th. They were tested at the airport when they arrived the 7th and that would have been negative.

The average incubation period is 5 days, so he may not have caught it until he was back in Moscow.

They now hope to do SA and then two of the later Russian Cup events.
Could he catch it on the airport or on the plane?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Poor Vovan! As a T/M fan I was quitely hoping they were getting ready to wow us and now this news!

I've heard that his symptoms aren't to severe but I have everything crossed that he'll get well quickly and that Zhenya T doesn't catch it!

elleh

Spectator
Hey everyone! ;)
I'm new on this forum, but I've been following figure skating since 2016. Anyway, I just want to say, how impressed I'm with the 2020-2021 short program's lifts of Boikova&Kozlovskii, Pavliuchenko&Khodykin and mainly Mishina&Galliamov! So much originality and technical difficulty at the same time! :love:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Hey everyone! ;)
I'm new on this forum, but I've been following figure skating since 2016. Anyway, I just want to say, how impressed I'm with the 2020-2021 short program's lifts of Boikova&Kozlovskii, Pavliuchenko&Khodykin and mainly Mishina&Galliamov! So much originality and technical difficulty at the same time! :love:
Hi there, good to see a new person in pairs thread (y)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Hey everyone! ;)
hi and welcome!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey everyone! ;)
Welcome. Post often. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Morozov and Tarasova will only do one Russian Cup. It is not decided yet if they will go to the GP. Has RusFed changed the requirements in order to qualify for RusNats?

haribobo

On the Ice
Yes, they have changed the rules. Unofficially. In my head. Because of course. They will make sure the top skaters get to go to Nationals.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
Yes, they have changed the rules. Unofficially. In my head. Because of course. They will make sure the top skaters get to go to Nationals.
T/M are the reigning world silver medalists. I wouldn’t think they would leave them out of nationals given the circumstances. Skating feds sometimes do insane things though.

siela

On the Ice
A pairs figure skating competition 'Mozer Team Prize' will happen on October 5-6: https://sportvokrug.ru/sports/fs/event/7366/competitors/all:true
And even though this comp is for first sport category it is going to have a variety of different teams - from ones that are no longer junior eligible to one that will become junior eligible in 4 years.
Currently listed pairs are:
Yatsenko (2003) Zaporozhets (1999) new
Balabanova (2003) Sviatchenko (1999) - just placed 3 at Russian cup event in seniors
Pavlova (2004) Spiridonov (1998) new
Boyatintseva (2004) Shagalov (1999)
Kostyuk (2004) Rud (2004) new
Grafova (2005) Shvetsov (2001) new
Finokhina (2006) Antonyshev (2001)
Trubacheva (2006) Smirnov (2002)
Cheremnykh (2008) Butenko (2003) new
Kudryavtseva (2008) Astakhov (2004) new
Kuznetsova (2008) Venediktov (2005)
Kulagina (2010) Belkin (2006)

Cannot really imagine the first 3 and the last one skating in the same competition :ROFLMAO:
On a serious note, I am looking forward to Nastya Kostyuk's debut in pairs. Let it all work out for her :pray:
And let, please, there be a live stream. I simply cannot miss this.

hanca

Record Breaker
This should be easy for Balabanova/Sviatchenko to win. Most of the pairs are inexperienced or completely new. Even though Balabanova/Sviatchenko have been skating together only for a year, they are usually scoring around 180-190 points and I don’t expect anyone else to be able to match that. The only other experienced skater is Spiridonov, but he will be skating with a pair beginner Pavlova, so I am not sure how good they will be. I have not seen him competing for roughly a year, so he might have been training with Pavlova for quite a while, or they might be together just for a few months - we don’t know. Boyarintseva/Shagalov could also do quite well. I liked the look of them at their competition last week, even though the score was not that great. But they were pleasant to watch.

hanca

Record Breaker
A pairs figure skating competition 'Mozer Team Prize' will happen on October 5-6: https://sportvokrug.ru/sports/fs/event/7366/competitors/all:true
And even though this comp is for first sport category it is going to have a variety of different teams - from ones that are no longer junior eligible to one that will become junior eligible in 4 years.
Currently listed pairs are:
Yatsenko (2003) Zaporozhets (1999) new
Balabanova (2003) Sviatchenko (1999) - just placed 3 at Russian cup event in seniors
Pavlova (2004) Spiridonov (1998) new
Boyatintseva (2004) Shagalov (1999)
Kostyuk (2004) Rud (2004) new
Grafova (2005) Shvetsov (2001) new
Finokhina (2006) Antonyshev (2001)
Trubacheva (2006) Smirnov (2002)
Cheremnykh (2008) Butenko (2003) new
Kudryavtseva (2008) Astakhov (2004) new
Kuznetsova (2008) Venediktov (2005)
Kulagina (2010) Belkin (2006)

Cannot really imagine the first 3 and the last one skating in the same competition :ROFLMAO:
On a serious note, I am looking forward to Nastya Kostyuk's debut in pairs. Let it all work out for her :pray:
And let, please, there be a live stream. I simply cannot miss this.
Weird. So before there was Yatsenko/Zaporozhets, and now it changed into Lina Kudriavtseva/Zaporozhets. So with whom does he actually skate? I believe season he was skating with Evseeva, so it is not that they accidentally put his old partner instead of his new one.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Alisa Efimova will be skating with Ruben Blommaert, representing Germany.
(But she hasn’t been released by Russian federation yet.)
I think it's smart from her ... in german she would have a shot to going to the olympics

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I think it's smart from her ... in german she would have a shot to going to the olympics
Germany so far has two spots and two teams without citizenship issues. I don't see a chance of gaining 3 spots. They are lucky if keep their two. Maybe she would have a shot to the olympics 2026 if Ruben doesn't retire or change a partner again. ;)