2020 Cup of Russia: Stage III | Page 99 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of Russia: Stage III

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
it looks like Maria gifted the bronze to Valeria. i don't know what to think of her program, but i'm sure techno blue mondey is a nono
My stream is behind, but I'm kind of diggin' it, although admittedly I don't know the original song.

Maria's costume is really eye catching! Shame about the mistakes :( And a whole lutz not counted! She must have Zayaked?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
there's also an eagle on the front of this dress, was Samarin involved in the design? :LOL:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The program she "ditched" and wasted at Krustalny was to the same "Lovely". Is there a pattern over there in the choreographers' studio?
It was? I guess I wasn't paying attention :laugh: I did see Danny G and her practicing it that one time on Insta, but I don't remember the music except it was Billie.

Holy cow, did Maria's coach just throw her jacket onto Maria's lap and storm off? What the Heck woman?!

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
So Berestovskaya got a < and a q on her 4Ts. I'm not surprised tbh they looked a little bit short of rotation (esp. the second one) even live.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Valeria Ovchinnikova was my favourite here, mainly because of the jumps.

Technique looks the proper one, less prerotation, bigger jumps, better take-offs, nice flow coming out as well. Shame that is not properly rewarded, an actually clean jump. Her Lutz-toe would get the bonus from me.

Petrosyan was a bit rough here (somehow still first), Berestovskaya great efforts on the quads, but to me some of the jumps were clearly under, Tarusina-esque technique, i'm not confident on how that will age.

Though i've to say artistically Elizaveta was by far the best here, and i think should have been 3-4 points higher in components even in comparison Adeliya, props for actually performing the program and not just skating through the music like the others here.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Without the bonuses Berestovskaya would have won with 0.01 !!
OMG that's sooo close!

Hmm, how long has this bonus system been around? I don't remember hearing about before this season (probably because I didn't watch the Russian Cup or it wasn't streamed), do people generally like it? Or do they feel it's unfair?

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So Berestovskaya got a < and a q on her 4Ts. I'm not surprised tbh they looked a little bit short of rotation (esp. the second one) even live.
Aww that makes me sad, she looked so happy to land them! Do you think she thought they were clean (or can skater's tell when they under-rotate?)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OMG that's sooo close!

Hmm, how long has this bonus system been around? I don't remember hearing about before this season (probably because I didn't watch the Russian Cup or it wasn't streamed), do people generally like it? Or do they feel it's unfair?
Since I watched the Cup the bonuses were there, it's not new.