2020 NHK Trophy: Entries & Pre-game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Entries & Pre-game Chat

treblemakerem

On the Ice
I don't know how to watch the event. ISU suddenly blocked the access to their Youtube stream for me and they simply do not answer any questions. There's neither local nor international TV channel that would buy/give access to watch this content and I don't know where can I address with this issue. :scratch2:
You could try the opera browser. It has a built in vpn. I was able to watch isu stream from us this way.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I dont suppose anyone watched Japanese Jr Nats this week? I like this lady.

Check out Hana's 3A....
Check out the winner's artistry!
I am really impressed with the skating map of the program :points::cheer2: that they put up after the slo-mo replay which shows the speed and all the jumps (and spins?) with their individual scores. I would love to see that in other competitions.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Ice dance - I know lots of people are predicting Muramoto/Takahashi will win... I also hope so, but it depends how well Dai adapts to his new discipline. The field isn't exactly super-competitive though, so that will help with their debut.

Men - Kagiyama, Sato and one of the older guys with senior international experience (most likely Tanaka...). Based not just on their planned content but the amount of falls they can afford/are likely to take given that BV.

Ladies is hard to predict, I just hope Wakaba continues her upward trend!

Hope this is not too off-topic, does anyone know why Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda has an English name? For a Japanese skater (not diaspora) that's pretty unusual...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
So... it is a weird story, that starts with me buying cakes whenever Mozalev won medals last year, which turned into a lot of cakes. It happily continued into this year, until last weekend. So, given my obvious incompetence in picking medalists, my 14 yo decided to take matters into her own hands with NHK. On Rostelecom, she picked wrong (ah, Lebedev, because nobody picked him—no offence to the young skater, but I told her I would buy her a cake a week till Christmas if he medals).

anyway, after some lively negotiations, I promised her a cake for each NHK medal guess (3 in gentlemen and ladies and only one in ID for gold)

she started with consulting with her grandma. Grandma’s advice was to wait till Friday then convince me that those were her picks. Yes, grandma is the woman who gave birth to me & there is no changing her.

once that didn’t work out, the kiddo told me to hold on, she is doing the research. She tried a quick subterfuge (an innocent and casual, ‘hey, mom, who did you say would win?’) then, finally she sat down to do research. I did tell her how to read the ISU charts.

Shun Sato’s gold fish sidetracked her a bit, but here are her final picks. Not bad at al, I think, for someone who has no idea... I think it helps actually that there is no heart involved, just pure avarice, lol

Ice Dance for gold: Muramoto/Takahashi
Gentlemen: Kagiyama, Sato and Yamamoto
Ladies: Mihara, Sakomoto, You

So, how many cakes will that net her?
i guess she will get some...at least 5 :LOL:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Boy, if you dont live in one of these countries, you are home free for youtube!
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2020/21 live stream and broadcast schedule:

Asia
CCTVChina
Elta TaiwanTaiwan
SBSSouth Korea
Singtel CASTSingapore
Singtel TV GoSingapore
TapSport PhilippinesPhilippines
TencentChina
TV AsahiJapan
Europe
ArenasportBosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro
BTRCBelarus
Channel 1Russia
Channel 1*Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova (geoblocked), Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Czech TVCzech Republic
Eurosport
Pan-European - including Albania, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, France-Andorra-Monaco, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom excluding Nordics
Dedicated Figure Skating pages:
https://www.eurosport.es/watch/patinaje-artistico/
https://www.eurosport.fr/watch/patinage-artistique/
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/watch/figure-skating/
France TVFrance
LRT Lithuania*Lithuania
MKRTV*North Macedonia
MTVAHungary
NENTDenmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
NOSNetherlands (highlights only)
Polsat*Poland
Pverkhnost*Ukraine
RAI*Italy
RTS*Serbia
RTVESpain
RTVSSlovakia
Sport 1 Lithuania*Lithuania
North America
CBC*Canada
NBCUSA
NBCSNUSA
Olympic ChannelUSA
Peacock PremiumUSA
Schedule for USA Channels
Central America
Sky MexicoBelize, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Hondurus, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama
Oceania
SBSAustralia
SkyNew Zealand
*Events also available as a live stream on the ISU Skating YouTube.

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2020/21 Series:

wanpe

On the Ice
Mana Kawabe and Young seem to be going for 3As in the SP.
Yes and some people said Higuchi as well but she singled her axel in her SP run-thru

SP run-thru from twitter @figure365
Rino MATSUIKE
3Lz
2A
3F-3T
Chisato URAMATSU
3F (Ice turbulence) -3T
3Lz (step out)
2A
Mana KAWABE
3A (Ice turbulence)
3Lz-3T
3F
Nana ARAKI
3Lz-3T (Ice landing is a little disturbed)
2A
3Lo
Tomoe KAWABATA
3Lz-3T
3Lo (fall)
2A
Mai MIHARA
3Lz-3T
2A
3F
Mako YAMASHITA
3Lo
2A
3Lz (fall)
Marin HONDA
3Lo (fall)
3F
1A
Yuhana YOKOI
3Lz-2T (Ice turbulence) - messy landing maybe??
2A
3F
Wakaba HIGUCHI
1A
3Lz (unbalance)
3F-3T
Young YOU
3A
3Lz-3T
3F
Kaori SAKAMOTO
2A
3Lz
3F-3T

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know how to watch the event. ISU suddenly blocked the access to their Youtube stream for me and they simply do not answer any questions. There's neither local nor international TV channel that would buy/give access to watch this content and I don't know where can I address with this issue. :scratch2:
Try looking up VPNs, there's a review of the free ones available here

VPNs are totally legal, from everything I've read, you just then log in to a country which doesn't have an agreement with ISU and the stream should be fine.

I also had a free trial period with two of the pay ones - I was able to sign up and start immediately - and then went for Surfshark as they were running a real good special offer at the time and they are easy and efficient.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
My lowest estimate is 4 because ID guess is restricted to gold, not just a medal. Then, again, I am not doing good at all with my predictions this year.
Oh, boy. Based on the standings after the short 2 cakes are more likely. Figure skating... 🤣