2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

ashleyming

On the Ice
Keegan "Sparkplug" Messing is leading after the SP at the Golden Spin event. I hope he can hold it together in the Long Program and win it all. Nothing like a big dose of Momentum heading into Nationals.
He has a good chance to win this competition, just needs to hold it together, like you said.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Keegan "Sparkplug" Messing is leading after the SP at the Golden Spin event. I hope he can hold it together in the Long Program and win it all. Nothing like a big dose of Momentum heading into Nationals.
I am hoping so too because I like his skating. Hopefully his stamina has improved as he has issues this year. Keep in mind he is a new dad. If he could skate his SP perfectly he could score even 100 pts or at least close.

ashleyming

On the Ice
I am hoping so too because I like his skating. Hopefully his stamina has improved as he has issues this year. Keep in mind he is a new dad. If he could skate his SP perfectly he could score even 100 pts or at least close.
maybe hard to say about 100 pts but he could be close if everything is clean.

ashleyming

On the Ice
well, if Keegan wins Golden spin, he would have won an international event without ever (yet) winning Canadian nationals... :) just like Elladj did a few years ago...
Or like Patrick when he won the 2007 Grand Prix of France, without ever (yet) winning the Nats. And then in the next decade, the only way for him not to the win the Canadian Nationals is not competing. 😂

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well patrick hardly had to wait to be crowned a national champion :)
Or like Patrick when he won the 2007 Grand Prix of France, without ever (yet) winning the Nats. And then in the next decade, the only way for him not to the win the Canadian Nationals is not competing. 😂

ashleyming

On the Ice
or kevin reynolds... never a canadian champion but 4cc champion over yuzuru hanyu, han yan, daisuke takahashi and others...
Bring back here the crowning moments of Kevin at 2013 4CC. He came out of the blue to win this competition, but this title was rightfully earned. And though it is his only Grand Slam title in a whole career, perharps, many others just wish they could have that high note in life.
P.s: Still a long way to go but if Keegan can make it to the 2022 4CC, maybe he will have a good chance to be on the podium too. :)

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Golden spin pairs results: James and Radford finish 1st in the FS to move up to 4th. MT/M finish 8th followed by W/M in 9th.

Detailed results
Vanessa and Eric really were the best of the lot. They had a great skate and - except for their less than synchronised SBS jumps which were still landed - did a fantastic job. It looked good. A pity, it didn't lead to a medal but at least they were the best of the evening. I had hoped for something similar for Kirsten and Michael, as well as for Evelyn and Trennt but it was not to be. I hope both of them will manage to get inspired to do well at your Nationals!

ashleyming

On the Ice
prophecy realised... keegan joins a select club of winners of international event without ever winning nationals... :)
Congrats to Keegan on winning the 2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb! :) Finally, a Canadian man can actually win something this season.
Keegan's free skate of this season is not really my favorite program of him, but as long as everything goes well, I guess it's fine after all.
p.s: still wish he could add more choreographing details into the routine, anyway.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Congrats to Keegan on winning the 2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb! :) Finally, a Canadian man can actually win something this season.
Keegan's free skate of this season is not really my favorite program of him, but as long as everything goes well, I guess it's fine after all.
p.s: still wish he could add more choreographing details into the routine, anyway.
I am so proud of Keegan. After his Skate Canada LP, I'm sure he's very happy to get this win. Love his skating.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not sure if he would go to 4CC, but I think he will have a chance on the 4CC podium if he goes to.
i hope keegan doesn't go to 4CC. He should rest and get ready for the games after Nationals. Plus, it gives a chance to the other boys to compete... Roman, Conrad, Joseph, Gogo and even Nam (if he gets his mojo back at Nationals), all need more mileage.

ashleyming

On the Ice
i hope keegan doesn't go to 4CC. He should rest and get ready for the games after Nationals. Plus, it gives a chance to the other boys to compete... Roman, Conrad, Joseph, Gogo and even Nam (if he gets his mojo back at Nationals), all need more mileage.
This year's 4CC will be from January 18–23, so those who go to the Games will probably skip this.

Balloon

On the Ice
Happy for Keegan, a job well done.
As for pairs how disappointing 4yrs and watching Canada top teams make errors that younger athletes are often criticized for.
I’ve said it before ‘why are they not giving others opportunity’ we may not have lots to chose from but they are training athletes. Adcock was given Canadian papers but not send them anywhere. Loriann and Matt I would think have another 4yrs in them.
Deana says she’s in it for the next 4yrs even given her age.
The younger Quebec team Camille and Luca I’d love to see them given something, these young pair girls are learning but could learn so much from a senior assignment
Nationals maybe the most exciting/disappointing event.
Will Trennt move on from Evelyn after nationals?