2021-22 Russian Ice Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Ice Dance

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And since we are in ice dance, I once again say I want to see this girl skating :)

This namesake of Anna had two entries at the last season's Russian Cup stages but withdrew from both and I was really disappointed because I was really curious. I hope there will be better luck this time :)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think Ushakova/Nekrasov will still skate in juniors so they probably can share the throne :)
No, they’re ineligible.

I do wonder if Kaganovskaya and Angelopol might end up getting moved, since US #1s Wolfkostin & Chen are also assigned here and it seems like a waste to have them slug it out this early.

Last edited:

happycamper2554

On the Ice
No, they’re ineligible.

I do wonder if Kaganovskaya and Angelopol might end up getting moved, since US #1s Wolfkostin & Chen are also assigned here and it seems like a waste to have them slug it out this early.
No Rus Fed wont want Piano team to go against W/C. sorry I can't remember their names. plus I think K/A could get second here so that would start them off well for the JGPF

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
No, they’re ineligible.

Ah I see you're right. Maxim would be still junior eligible, but Arina missed the eligibility for 4 days.

Maybe Wolfkostin/Chen might be moved instead? :)

readernick

Medalist
Junior ice dance will be unpredictable this year since the top 6 teams from last Junior Worlds either went senior or split up. ( ; N/K were so talented). Makita/ Gunara ( who based on recent results) are the top Canadian junior team will also be at the first JGP. It should be an exciting competition. Wolfkostin/Chen definitely have a bit of an advantage based on previous international scores but all the teams could be competitive.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Junior test skates schedule:

Ice Dance:
3 august. RD: 16:00
4 august. FD: 14:00

Singles:
4 august. Junior men. SP: 16:00
5 august. Junior men. FS: 14:00
5 august. Junior ladies. SP: 16:00
6 august. Junior ladies. FS: 14:00

Pairs:
10 august. SP: 15:00
11 august. FS: 15:00

Ice dance division into groups not known yet.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Generally the free dances looked much better to me than the RD, partly because of the music perhaps, but much less mistakes IMO.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
A+ programme choice again for Anna and Gleb! Their technique is developing nicely, lifts are getting more complex. And they are still cute :D

P.S. Apparently Gleb's brother Egor is the partner of Anna Scherbakova the ice dancer! So both of the Goncharovs skate with Annas :p
Generally the free dances looked much better to me than the RD, partly because of the music perhaps, but much less mistakes IMO.
Definitely the music's fault (y) Blues and hip hop are not a naturally-occurring combo... not surprised the skaters are stumbling when trying to skate both styles in one programme. Still, kind of funny to watch :biggrin: