2021-22 Russian Ice Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Ice Dance

ntnext

Rinkside

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Showing my ignorance of ice dance here, but I remember loving the team from 2 seasons ago that skated to River by bishop Briggs. Idk if they're senior now but I hope the best for them!!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Moscow Competition FD: top-4

Sofia Leontyeva / Daniil Gorelkin - 4 pl in FD, 4 pl total (96.10=49.90+46.20) Total: 156.20​

Ekaterina Rybakova / Ivan Makhnonosov - 3 pl in FD, 3 pl total (97.17=50.87+46.30)​

Total: 159.04​

Angélique Abachkina / Pavel Drozd - 1 pl in FD, 2 pl total (101.84=51.94+49.90)​

Total: 163.29​

Vasilisa Kaganovskaya / Valeriy Angelopol - 2 pl in FD, 1 pl total (99.66=52.16+47.50)​

Total: 163.40​

Thank you so much for posting these. I’ve been dying to see Abachkina/Drodz for the first time! I like them together - Abachkina did seem a bit slow, but she wasn’t skating competitively for a while so that’s to be expected. They need some more polish, but I hope they continue to develop well together.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Pretty good short program score for Davis/Smolkin. PCS at 31 is very reasonable for a debuting senior pair but it probably helped that the field isnt really deep outside H/D

It is expected that they will lose GOEs compared to H/D in elements but genuinely surprised how crisps some of their turns and a bit patient with hitting their edges especially Davis although I still think she is the weaker performance wise between her and Smolkin.

One thing I noticed is that they don't have the usual Russian brand which is usually in your face type of performance. If you didnt tell me they are Russians I would probably think they are North Americans. Im not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I want to believe that this is their usual level now but for some reason I have a feeling that this good performance especially hitting the elements was just a fluke. LOL. They will probably fckk it up at some point in the free dance. I expect them to still finish second which will do wonders on their reputation going forward.

Edit:
Element wise they actually did matched H/D's base value just lost in GOEs. Dang

Kittosuni

Medalist
Davis/Smolkin scored 190.63 which is a darn good score for debuting pair. That score lands them in the middle pack but more importantly that score is at par/higher to what Zagorski/Guerrero have been getting in international competitions. Obviously the scores in this competition is a bit inflated but now we can see the general perception of judges to them which is positive.

What really impressive was that they were able to hit their base elements and tied Hubbel/Donohue in the short and beat them in the free. Obviously they lost in GOEs but that should improve as they get more milage

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Davis/Smolkin scored 190.63 which is a darn good score for debuting pair. That score lands them in the middle pack but more importantly that score is at par/higher to what Zagorski/Guerrero have been getting in international competitions. Obviously the scores in this competition is a bit inflated but now we can see the general perception of judges to them which is positive.

What really impressive was that they were able to hit their base elements and tied Hubbel/Donohue in the short and beat them in the free. Obviously they lost in GOEs but that should improve as they get more milage
Since the US Classic scores don't count for SB, I'm very interested to see how they do at Skate Canada. The field is deeper there than at this event of course - I'm curious where they rank among those teams. Especially how they compare to Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Since the US Classic scores don't count for SB, I'm very interested to see how they do at Skate Canada. The field is deeper there than at this event of course - I'm curious where they rank among those teams. Especially how they compare to Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy.

Yup it was a good strategy to test waters in North America now before their GP event

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
2nd stage of the russian cup takes place between 10-14 october in the city Yoshkar-Ola. General info:

Schedule:

Senior ice dance:
RD: 10 october, 18.55 – 19.45 local time
FD: 11 october, 16.25 – 17.30 local time

Junior ice dance:
RD: 10 october, 16.30 – 18.40 local time
FD: 11 october, 13.45 – 16.10 local time