Country
Austria
Cup of Russia - Stage 1 - "Syzran Swallow"

Date:
September 22 - 26, 2021
Venue: Syzran, "Syzran-Arena", Samara region
Categories: Junior, Senior
Types: single and pair skating, ice dancing
Competition homepage: https://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/5...skie-sorevnovaniya-syzranskaya-lastochka.html

Competition schedule (LOCAL TIME!) UPDATED 22.09.: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2122/1etap2122_competition_schedule_upd220921.pdf

22. September:
16.30 – 18.20: Junior Ice Dance, RD
18.35 – 19.00: Senior Ice Dance, RD
23. September:
13.45 – 15.30: Junior Ice Dance, FD
15.45 – 16.15: Senior Ice Dance, FD
16.30 – 18.45: Senior Women, SP
19.00 – 20.30: Senior Men, SP
24. September:
13.45 – 16.15: Senior Women, FS
16.30 – 18.15: Senior Men, FS
19.00 – 20.30: Junior Pairs, SP
20.45 – 21.30: Senior Pairs, SP
25. September:
14.15 – 15.55: Junior Pairs, FS
16.10 – 17.00: Senior Pairs, FS
17.15 – 20.10: Junior Women, SP
20.25 – 22.45: Junior Men, SP
26. September:
12.00 – 15.15: Junior Women, FS
15.30 – 18.10: Junior Men, FS

Entries and Results: https://fsrussia.ru/results/2122/1etap/index.htm

Live streams:
22.09. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUSP6KxP7Qk
23.09. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfBUQIj6E8
24.09. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCgoQEpcaWI
25.09. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjmH6hL5Oyw, Junior men SP (archived stream)
26.09. - Junior ladies FS (archived stream), Junior men FS (archived stream)

Link to 1tv live broadcast (possibly geoblocked): https://www.1tv.ru/sport/kubok-rossii-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-2021-22/raspisanie

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Fingers crossed there will be a not geo-blocked stream. I tried to ask Ted Barton about it, but he didn’t reply 😭 Maybe while he is in Krasnoyarsk…
Aren't they always not Geoblocked? Or was that only because of the lockdowns last year? 🤔

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Aren't they always not Geoblocked? Or was that only because of the lockdowns last year? 🤔
For Canada, in the past, there were Russian streams from channel 1 that you couldn’t watch, but you-tube version was okay. Or they had YouTube versions that were locked, and some other stuff you could watch… anyway, I remember Russia geoblocking stuff in the past and having to get separate links. Also, when they had Barton, you could watch Russian stream live with Russian commentary, but after the competition was over, you could only see Barton’s version from outside the country in archive. Which is a minor quibble, but sometimes I do like listening to Grishin to catch on internal feels for who Russia supports, though Barton usually reflects it in his praise level too.

Azikin

Medalist
For Canada, in the past, there were Russian streams from channel 1 that you couldn’t watch, but you-tube version was okay. Or they had YouTube versions that were locked, and some other stuff you could watch… anyway, I remember Russia geoblocking stuff in the past and having to get separate links. Also, when they had Barton, you could watch Russian stream live with Russian commentary, but after the competition was over, you could only see Barton’s version from outside the country in archive. Which is a minor quibble, but sometimes I do like listening to Grishin to catch on internal feels for who Russia supports, though Barton usually reflects it in his praise level too.
Yeah, you're right, I forgot there was some blocking on Channel 1, but Youtube was always OK for me, except the case when local TV got rights, so hopefully it will stay like that..

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yeah, you're right, I forgot there was some blocking on Channel 1, but Youtube was always OK for me, except the case when local TV got rights, so hopefully it will stay like that..
Canada is frustrating, because in addition to geoblocking, it has super-sensitive bots on copy right for music on YouTube, so they don’t see a problem with blocking 7 hours of competition for like 20 second clip of a song that triggered an alert for music rights… but that has nothing to do with Chanel 1. They are actually pretty good in doing the playlists of the separate performance, so that bypasses losing the whole stream. Anyway, yes, hope for trouble free YouTube streams and love to all the athletes preparing for Stage 1. 😇

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm nearly certain that in the past, I had to watch some geoblocked Russian events (and others as well) using a 'free' VPN, of limited quality. Even the Russian Channel 1's YouTube would be geoblocked in the US. Maybe it varies? Seems I always have to hunt up how to watch a 'difficult-to-find' event, and I have only Internet, no TV at all. The good news is, I now have a paid Nord VPN and it has LOTS of countries to connect with--good connections. Anyone know which countries may be best to connect with to watch Russian events if their YouTube is blocked in the US? Or any other channel they may be using, so long as I don't need a TV or cable subscription to watch? I sure would appreciate the info! :)

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm nearly certain that in the past, I had to watch some geoblocked Russian events (and others as well) using a 'free' VPN, of limited quality. Even the Russian Channel 1's YouTube would be geoblocked in the US. Maybe it varies? Seems I always have to hunt up how to watch a 'difficult-to-find' event, and I have only Internet, no TV at all. The good news is, I now have a paid Nord VPN and it has LOTS of countries to connect with--good connections. Anyone know which countries may be best to connect with to watch Russian events if their YouTube is blocked in the US? Or any other channel they may be using, so long as I don't need a TV or cable subscription to watch? I sure would appreciate the info! :)
I’m not sure about YouTube, but I’ve had success with the Channel 1 website by connecting to Romania. (I also have a VPN, but it doesn’t have Russia for whatever reason.)

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I’m not sure about YouTube, but I’ve had success with the Channel 1 website by connecting to Romania. (I also have a VPN, but it doesn’t have Russia for whatever reason.)
Thanks for the reply, Minz. I can connect with the Channel 1 website via Romania also (at least my VPN says so--I've not tried it yet); but I can't make heads or tails out of the Cyrillic alphabet in order to click on any links, etc. Ideas? How would I find the video live stream there?

As far as your VPN not including Russia--mine doesn't either. I figured that since Russia has its own 'world wide web' system entirely, maybe VPNs won't work with it? Yet we can 'get' many Russian sites and even have printed pages translated--just no translations of sites that have videos on them, or that is my experience.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reply, Minz. I can connect with the Channel 1 website via Romania also (at least my VPN says so--I've not tried it yet); but I can't make heads or tails out of the Cyrillic alphabet in order to click on any links, etc. Ideas? How would I find the video live stream there?

As far as your VPN not including Russia--mine doesn't either. I figured that since Russia has its own 'world wide web' system entirely, maybe VPNs won't work with it? Yet we can 'get' many Russian sites and even have printed pages translated--just no translations of sites that have videos on them, or that is my experience.
Dashlane Premium is a VPN that wonderfully connects to Russia. It is very cheap and worth getting when you watch a lot of Russian stuff.

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Judging by the practice schedule there will be: 16 Senior Women, 15 Senior Men, 5 Senior Pairs, 2 Senior Ice Dance at this moment.