2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Rhythm Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Rhythm Dance

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
So looking forward to seeing these programs when they become available - wasn't able to watch but it looks like top teams all skated well.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇷🇺 Stepanova/Bukin #GPItaly
"We are happy to be back. Our FD is different and we really love this program (Romeo and Juliet) and want to tell a true story on the ice. We want to come together as one in this dance."

Seven Sisters

Medalist
🇷🇺 Stepanova/Bukin #GPItaly
"We are happy to be back. Our FD is different and we really love this program (Romeo and Juliet) and want to tell a true story on the ice. We want to come together as one in this dance."
A Romeo and Juliet FD that is “different?” Well, I can’t wait.
Anissina/Peizerat had a Romeo and Juliet FD that was cool and different, and I loved it. That was in the 90s. It’s been all downhill from there :)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A Romeo and Juliet FD that is “different?” Well, I can’t wait.
Anissina/Peizerat had a Romeo and Juliet FD that was cool and different, and I loved it. That was in the 90s. It’s been all downhill from there :)
Maybe different for them? A lot can be lost in translation ;)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No surprises in ID 😇

Nope, if the placements stay, I will get a gold medal along with a zillion others, lol.

S/B were the only top team to get all their KP on the Blues pattern, so kudos to them. Most of the top teams got all KP except the 3rd. Do any ID nerds know what that 3rd point is?

So what's the consensus on who has the better "Rhythm Nation" part of their dance? My vote is G/P - i love the hand movements they do at the end. What is it this season with the hand and arm choreo?

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Nope, if the placements stay, I will get a gold medal along with a zillion others, lol.

S/B were the only top team to get all their KP on the Blues pattern, so kudos to them. Most of the top teams got all KP except the 3rd. Do any ID nerds know what that 3rd point is?

So what's the consensus on who has the better "Rhythm Nation" part of their dance? My vote is G/P - i love the hand movements they do at the end. What is it this season with the hand and arm choreo?
upon review S/B didn't get the KP (also the third). Not many teams have got it so far, and in fact Gr/P have got it at ACI and SCI but not here.

According to the ISU communications this year the KP is "Key Point 3 - Man original prescribed Step #11 (RBO3/RFI-Br/RBOI/RBI-Rk)"

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Onto the Rhythm Dance!

I'm very excited to see Sasha S and Ivan again! *Rubs hands*

Also I appreciate the ISU people turning Simon's mike waaaay down for this (and the rest of the events?) so you can barely hear him 😜

Wow the French team have total Jon and Tiff vibes, I did a double take!

Right and away we go with the Italians! Aww no key points :( whoooo! Start me up!

Chen/Sun have stunning costumes, but did Simon say they'd do hip-hop? Surely not? Well the music was indeed a choice, but Chen's dress is gorgeous you gotta agree.

Damn Geoff's a total diva - and is Ekaterina Ryabova's boyfriend I believe, girl picked well! ;)
"Second-tier French"? Shut the (bleep) up Simon
Yeah! They were awesome!! Loved the energy!

Oh Germany, love the weirdness. I very much appreciate Tim's purple jacket 👍 The Harley Quinn costume is indeed lacking.

What is the correct way then to address the group of skaters who have no chance for a medal but can do impressive programs nevertheless? "Also-ran" is even more rude.
I'd say "competitors from France" because they are? Seriously imagine Geoffrey and Evgenia watching that back. Full permission to call Simon a total b*tch for that comment.

In a comment that will surprise no-one... I'm fully onboard with Shane's jaunty neckchief.

Oh yeah the Tina Turner dance, still a shame about the lack of Nutbush.
Hey.. it's the also ran Canadians..
Petition to call Simon the "second-tier also-ran" commentator. See I can be a b*tch too, sir. 😈

The French are in the lead! Take that, Simon.

Second Group time already!

Go Wang/Liu! Go Step/Bukh! Go Maddi/Zach!

Watching the Chinese dance teams o do wonder if they mixed up the memo, it's the pairs men who are supposed to tower over their partners! :laugh:

Woah Maddi/Zach watch out for Sasha/Ivan there! Strong Twizzles though, I applaud them.
Of course it does beg the question: Why doesn't anyone skate to You're so vain?
I can think of one skater who could have nailed that program had lyrics been allowed:laugh2:

Plushenko would have been the absolute choice 😁
Ha ha great minds ;)

OK here we go with Green/Parsons! Didn't they both originally skate with their siblings, that must have been interesting. I like Caroline's bee inspired costume.

I love Liu, he is an actual icon. I'm really glad China misread the memo :biggrin: I also enjoy Elvis so I was on board with that! Into 2nd yay!

Here comes P/C! Their song is also an earworm for me.
Anyone ever have a moment of wondering what Cizeron would look like skating with Tessa Virtue?
No although now I'm wondering what Gabi would have looked like skating with Tessa in their red dresses :)

Lots of interesting armography in this program. I liked it! Although I pretty much love all of P/C's RDs, it's the FDs where they lose me.

Into first right now for our French favourites ;)

Yaaaas! Sasha and Ivan are back, alright! I enjoyed the hip hop! And they got all the key points yay! And the eternal question remains...are they dating? Or just friends ;) Ooo! Nice score!

Maddi and Zach... I won't lie when I hear "Nasty boys" Vladimir M pops up in my head :laugh2: on topic these costumes are totally cool 😎 they really are super powerful skaters.

So it's P/C, H/D and S/B, sound good to me ;)

And now I'm off to the pairs 😉

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I made the mistake of watching the most recent episode of the big leap (an american tv) before I watched a replay of the rhythm dance and now I want an Ice-Dance-Off in the worst way. 🤣

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Just watched the programs and all i have to say is that i'm glad that Papadakis made changes on her costume because the first was worthy of a deduction. Now if Cizeron could also do the same.

rain

Record Breaker
I actually liked Papadakis/Cizeron's RD more the second time around, though they still need some tweaks in the middle section. I love the beginning and the end. The music for the middle isn't as good as what bookends it, IMO of course. The beginning and end though may be the best RD work they've ever done. It's sharp and has an edgy cool. Absolutely love the timing of the twizzles — brilliant.

My top 4 RDs of the season are Papadakis/Cizeron, Chock/Bates, Smart/Diaz and Gilles/Poirier. They are all totally different and completely entertaining.