2021 JGP Austria: Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Austria: Pairs Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I cracked the "Bull In A China Shop" pun yesterday, and nobody picked up on it.

Well, they were certainly bullish today. They were really going for it!

I really don't know what way this is going to go.

But, given where Natalia is from, I would love to see these two go through.

Are Mukhurtova / Evgeneyev already through?

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yesss! So. the final pairs are:
Chikmareva/Ianchenkov
Mukhortova/Evgeniev
Khabibulina/Knyazhuk

And who's the fourth? Petushkova/Malikov?

Edit: Safina/Berulava are in the finals.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So C/I, M/E and K/K are in as event winners. I believe the 4th spot will be Petushkova/Malikov. Safina/Berulava have a higher score here than P/M got, but that's as bronze medalists. My impression was that they're counting best score while winning silver first, which P/M are slightly ahead on. We'll see.

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Yesss! So. the final pairs are:
Chikmareva/Ianchenkov
Mukhortova/Evgeniev
Khabibulina/Knyazhuk

And who's the fourth? Petushkova/Malikov?

ii) Should there be fewer than 4 different individual winners out of the 4 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because a Pair has won 2 JGP Events, all the different individual winners will qualify for the Final. In addition, the best 2nd placed Pairs(s), 3rd placed Pairs(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner, would be invited to the Final to reach the number of 4 entries.

SO best non winner score is today score of Sarina / Berulava, 179 something

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So C/I, M/E and K/K are in as event winners. I believe the 4th spot will be Petushkova/Malikov. Safina/Berulava have a higher score here than P/M got, but that's as bronze medalists. My impression was that they're counting best score while winning silver first, which P/M are slightly ahead on. We'll see.
Yes, best of silver comes first

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia

In addition, the best 2nd placed Pairs(s), 3rd placed Pairs(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner

I understand it can be 3th placer score higher than any 2nd placer, and they really are Safina / Berulava today

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
ii) Should there be fewer than 4 different individual winners out of the 4 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because a Pair has won 2 JGP Events, all the different individual winners will qualify for the Final. In addition, the best 2nd placed Pairs(s), 3rd placed Pairs(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner, would be invited to the Final to reach the number of 4 entries.

So best non winner score is today score of Sarina / Berulava, 179 something
You're right, they scored higher.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right. While you guys sort out who is going to get the fourth slot, I'm going to re-start the computer before the marathon that is the Ladies. I've already had my dinner during the resurfacing.

CaroLiza_fan

LadyB

Record Breaker
Fair play and congrats to K/K, great performance. Russian pairs are still ruling the world - Junior and Senior! 💪🇷🇺

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In addition, the best 2nd placed Pairs(s), 3rd placed Pairs(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner

I understand it can be 3th placer core higher than any 2nd placer, and they really are Safina / Berulava today
"And so forth" implies to me that they go through the silver medalists first, then bronze, then 4th place, etc. until they fill the spots. Not that 2nd and 3rd are treated equally. But hopefully the ISU will put something out with the qualifiers so we know for sure.

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
"And so forth" implies to me that they go through the silver medalists first, then bronze, then 4th place, etc. until they fill the spots. Not that 2nd and 3rd are treated equally.
But then it is matematically impossible they ever reach 3rd place with 4 finalists only. I think Lakernik, professor of maths, does not do this obvious error :p