2021 Skate America: Free Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is this a Joke?? They were nearly 20 points ahead of their non- country competitors here. Madison and Zach are the reigning Silver Medalists and it's very early in the season to be making such a statement. I guess we'll see when the time comes.
well the competition at grand prix has nothing to do with whom they will have to skate against at the olympics... they barely held on to the silver position last year + add the French this year... it will be very tight between the top five teams of P/C, S/K, Piper and Paul and both American teams. Right now, I am thinking Piper and Paul's FD may not be as showy as the others... but what do I know?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you eagerly awaiting H/B like I am?
Yes. Just please skating gods do not let IAM give them another horrible program. Between them and Chris and Alexa not skating up to par it was a VERY VERY long GP for me.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Anybody else puzzled by Mark Hanrettys commentary this evening? Everything is wonderful and innovative and fantastic on every level. I usually like him a lot, but this seems totally over the top to me?
It feels like everyone is overexcited to finally have proper competitions again. I’m sure the over the topness will calm as the season progresses 😂

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fortune favors the brave - which kind of brave though? Difficult lift or Unusual concept? Which team gains momentum?
I’m not sure how difficult it is having never skated but the lift is borderline illegal. What are they getting out of it that makes it worth the risk? Wouldn’t a very innovative but unquestionably legal lift be a better choice?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. Just please skating gods do not let IAM give them another horrible program. Between them and Chris and Alexa not skating up to par it was a VERY VERY long GP for me.
Amen. It has been very quiet from their camp. Either they are hard at work or there are problems. I am worried about their blues pattern after knee problems...

LadyB

Record Breaker
well the competition at grand prix has nothing to do with whom they will have to skate against at the olympics... they barely held on to the silver position last year + add the French this year... it will be very tight between the top five teams of P/C, S/K, Piper and Paul and both American teams. Right now, I am thinking Piper and Paul's FD may not be as showy as the others... but what do I know?
I second that and hope Piper & Paul will make some amends to their FD 🤞 🤞 🤞

Andrea82

Medalist
The marks by judge

French and Spanish judges went for C/B in PCS. Canadian judge put C/B ahead thanks to GOEs
Rest went for H/D.
Polish judge overmarked Kaliszek/Spodryev and undermarked the rest of group 1.
Canadian judge overmarked everybody but especially Soucisse/Firus and FB/S (a 6 points gap between them and Smart/Diaz).