2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Men | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Men

rain

Record Breaker
Oh man, Roman Sadovsky was out of this world. When he skates, he makes me wish I had even a modicum of natural aptitude for dance (which I don't, lol). His arms just float. Every toe is pointed. I think he may be the best spinner in the world right now. His speed and flow across the ice is top-tier. I disagreed with the underrotation on the combo, thought it looked clean. He is just so, so good.

Love Blues for Klook for Nam, it suits him very well. He's clearly worked hard on his spins, as well he should, competing with Sadovsky and Messing, two great spinners. He really couldn't afford to give up so many points to them on the spin elements. Loved his footwork sequence. I also thought he looked a lot faster as well. I'm glad he's obviously worked on his skating skills.

Conrad Orzel was very promising. He looked a bit slow, and stalked the jumps for an eternity, but doing two quads in the SP, successfully, is a huge accomplishment. He needs to work on speed and expression, but clearly a talent.

I'll have to come back to the rest of the men's field later, as I want to head on over to the Senior Short Dance. But the Canadian men are looking good.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Elektra—send Ted an email from Italy. He’ll be thrilled!
i thought of it many times and all the times i end up not knowing what to say :LOL:

-----------
in this shirt 1/ please guys show some originality

but i have to admit this particular shirt is quite...peculiar

Seven Sisters

Medalist
i thought of it many times and all the times i end up not knowing what to say :LOL:

-----------
in this shirt 1/ please guys show some originality

but i have to admit this particular shirt is quite...peculiar
Ask him a question, or tell him who your favorite skater is. I once asked him what we, the ordinary fan, could do to help promote the sport of figure skating, as he does. He gave a lengthy, very thoughtful answer—on the air. One of the high points of my skating fandom!