2021 TallinK Hotels Cup | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2021 TallinK Hotels Cup

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Now I have high hopes for Selevko's skate, his SP yesterday was a level above the others. Go Aleksandr! :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given the standards of the day, that was nicely done. You can see Brian's style in Romain's skating.

YES!

Just looked at Romain's ISU Bio, and he is coached by Arutunian now. Didn't realise that.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, he's been in France now for a year, because of you-know-what

That was why I was surprised when I read it. Because it's not ideal being away from your head coach.

I hope he is smart and keeps Brian's style while adopting Rafa's tech.

Good point!

As a Joubert fan, keeping Brian's style would be the most important part for me!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, Estonian skaters win Senior Ladies, Senior Men, Junior Men, Advanced Novice Ladies, and Advanced Novice Men.

Lithuania spoils the clean sweep by winning Junior Ladies. But, the organisers can re-assure themselves that all the Gold Medals are staying in the Baltic States.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Shallow comment incoming: He is Mariah Bell's boyfriend, so it is basically an affair at the workplace for them :ROFLMAO:

Didn't know that!

I really need to educate myself about who is dating who. Because, that is a couple of surprises I have got concerning that topic in the past hour or two!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaah!!!! I was just starting to type "Ah, good! It looks like we are going to see on-ice Podium Ceremonies!"

And just as I started typing, the stream cut off!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
And here's the most shocking news of the day: Norway won another biathlon race.

Anyway, congrats to the host for winning both senior events. It probably won't raise much domestic interest, but there is something cooking in Estonia, and every bit counts! (y)

Haha... The most exciting thing was which Norwegian to win, and the new comet Sturla Holm Lægreid strikes again, and takes the podium with Johannes Dale. Both are born in 97, and we call them the brilliant 97-gang. Seriously though, the one leading the World Cup (JTB) ended up being the 4th best Norwegian in this race :rolleye: The Bøe Brothers are being knocked of the trone...

Lægreid has surprised us all. Nobody in Norway had ever heard of him until this season, then he just wins several race and two individual gold medals in his first WC. He is just amazing. Apparently he is some sort of wonder child, he only has top grades from high school and attended several sports earlier before he ended up with biathlon. He actually played ice hockey as a child, I bet he isn´t that bad on skates so maybe they should recruit him to figure skating as well :laugh:
And congratz to Austria and Lisa Hauser for the individual gold. It was so nice to finally see her recieve a gold mental at WC. :hb:

And yes I agree with you that Estonia has so many talented and interesting skaters, so much good cooking there :biggrin:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Well, lots of falls and mistakes at this event. But I won't judge anyone, just appreciate that they tried their best. We don't know about their opportunities to train this season. And for most of them this is their first or second competition.

Congrats to all medalists :hb:

As for biathlon haha, good for Norway to be good at something ;) And I heard a comment on TV: ”that was beautiful art” when a biathlete shot 5 hits in I don’t know 18 seconds or some such :love2: