2021 Warsaw Cup: Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Warsaw Cup: Rhythm Dance

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'm not sure if the number is correct. SK and SB are not young with many injuries... :rolleye:
I think we will see Diana on the Olympic podium (team event) and on the WC podium after olympics. And I bet the new leader of the next 4 years.
it depends on Z/G shape, if they're fine they'll go to Beijing

Tokyo Drift

On the Ice
Country
France
cuca-samba.gif
Samba !

Edit : :slink:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Boy that sure are pushing Davis/Smolkin aren't they? Gee i wonder why? But how are G/P behind the Japanese team that has very little experience as a team internationally? I get that Daisuke is a beloved and legendary figure in figure skating but still :confused: .

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Even if they are in great shape, I'm sure that Russian Federation already decided to support Diana.
we have to consider also S/A, they're on the rise too and judges darlings for some reason that eludes me (but i know nothing of ice dance)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i'm back!

Ach, you missed the Spice Girls medley programme from Molly and Dmitre!!! :drama:

"Wannabe", "Too Much", "Spice Up Your Life"

It was BRILLIANT!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

As a 90's kid, that programme was my childhood!

Awwww. And it's Dmitre's birthday! 25 today!

Unfortunately, I am running WAAAAYYYYYY behind now. I got back from dinner 20 minutes later than I hoped, and then after watching the Group 3 Warm-Up, the computer crashed. And I had to get onto the laptop to go bidding on a few things. And then had to try to get the desktop set up and everything opened again. So, I am running over an hour behind where I wanted to be.

The upshot is that it looks like I won't be watching the Men's FS live like I intended. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

mikeko666

Final Flight
Boy that sure are pushing Davis/Smolkin aren't they? Gee i wonder why? But how are G/P behind the Japanese team that has very little experience as a team internationally? I get that Daisuke is a beloved and legendary figure in figure skating but still :confused: .
Caroline fell.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Wonder if a certain M. Morozov will be okay with that :devil:

The issue with Morozov/Bagin is that they can't even get the levels in their elements to be really competitive. Sure the judges can help them with PCS and even generous GOEs but the least they can do is perform their elements well and get the levels done which Davis/Smolkin or Khudaiberdieva/Bazin(less consistent though) can do. If Z/G cant come back strong at nationals then those two younger teams are going to vie for the 3rd spot.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Caroline made
Green/Parsons made a big error though. And even with that they scored really well so based on the scoring here, without the error they could have been first easily.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
...this season. 😉

Seriously, I like Davis & Smolkin a lot, but I question whether they should be that close to to top world wide. They scored 81.30, almost tied with Stepanova & Bukin. That's
🥜🌰🥜🌰

Season's Best RD Scores

RankNameCountryEventScore
1Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERONFRAISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 202187.45
2Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOVRUSISU GP NHK Trophy 202186.33
3Madison CHOCK / Evan BATESUSAISU GP NHK Trophy 202186.02
4Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIERCANISU GP Skate Canada International 202185.65
5Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUEUSAISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 202184.79
6Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRIITAISU CS Cup of Austria by IceChallenge 202182.78
7Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKINRUSISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 202181.47
8Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZESPISU CS Cup of Austria by IceChallenge 202178.53
9Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHINRUSISU CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge78.39
10Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENCANISU CS Cup of Austria by IceChallenge 202177.38

If they got this score at IdF, they would be nearly tied with Piper & Paul and comfortably ahead of Stepanova & Bukin.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Scoring for the RD at Warsaw is terrible. There is no way that ice dance teams should be scoring 7 points higher than a competition they were at last week (73 at Cup of Austria last week for Davis and Smolkin, 81+ this week, 60 at Cup of Austria for Molly and Dmitre last week, this week 67+). Singles is a bit different because you either do a jump cleanly or you don't, so a lot of variation between competitions is normal but ice dance should be more consistent. Ridiculous.

pearly

Record Breaker
The issue with Morozov/Bagin is that they can't even get the levels in their elements to be really competitive. Sure the judges can help them with PCS and even generous GOEs but the least they can do is perform their elements well and get the levels done which Davis/Smolkin or Khudaiberdieva/Bazin(less consistent though) can do. If Z/G cant come back strong at nationals then those two younger teams are going to vie for the 3rd spot.
It's ridiculous. Diana is a mediocre skater at best. Her edges are flat and her knee bend is minimal. It's a joke. When someone told me months ago that Eteri's condition to take Alena and Sasha back was that she wanted Diana at the Olympics, I thought "ok, 2026 maybe". In my wildest dreams I could not imagine she would make the 2022 team. I can't believe these scores.

Gleb, on the other hand, is a wonderful skater but her poor skating skills are too obvious.

Also, let me say that sending one of the younger teams is not a bad idea at all. I just don't think Diana and Gleb are the strongest amongst those teams.