2021 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - Day 1

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Anna still gets a lot of the bullet points. For example, her height and distance is good (not amazing but good enough), her landings are good (no one looks at pre-rotation it's not even something the judges review) so her take off is fine, she has transitions in and out, they have good flow coming out of them, they're choreographed to match the music, etc..

Basically Eteri's skaters skates are designed to get a lot of the GOE because so much looks at not the actual jump itself..
Hence why sometimes, if I'm honest, it looks a little like skating to math.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well the ISU stream ended so I've gone to the men's one to wait.

Man is Mika K gonna keep that top for the FS? I don't like it :laugh:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I'm surprise she even went for the 3A if she couldn't do a 3Lz.
Her 3Lz has given her problems multiple times through the years due to injuries. That's actually her least stable jump and often the last one to come back for her.

Her 3A is more consistent. She was probably landing it somewhat in practice.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hence why sometimes, if I'm honest, it looks a little like skating to math.
Well there's my problem...I'm awful at maths! The class I was in at school was so bad at it we didn't even get a credit for the Maths competition everyone had to enter. I thought everyone got a credit at least! :laugh2:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Did Simon not see the same combination as I did? Because that... could've gone better.
Bradie is still having problems with 3lz/3t. I thought her problems at Worlds were due to boot issues. Based on the short, I don't see much improvement.

b-man

Final Flight
But Liza's jumps are way better than Anna's, her GOE should be way higher. Sure Anna's jumps aren't tiny but they're nowhere near as impressive.

Kaori felt Rika's pain on that 3A fall though! As did I that was scary!
I would have Anna 5+ points over Liza. I've never appreciated Liza. The judges seem to think Bradie and Karen are chopped liver.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Bradie is still having problems with 3lz/3t. I thought her problems at Worlds were due to boot issues. Based on the short, I don't see much improvement.
I think it was partially due to boot issues. It does look better now. She's does look more confident and at least willing to fight for the jumps. She wasn't doing that at World's.

readernick

Medalist
Her 3Lz has given her problems multiple times through the years due to injuries. That's actually her least stable jump and often the last one to come back for her.

Her 3A is more consistent. She was probably landing it somewhat in practice.

I don't think her 3Lz is inconsistent. She has ligament issues that mean that jumping it causes her pain. So, I don't think she has been practices 3Lz much and she has been injured for several months. ( Since Japanese Nats ) She seems to be rather seriously injured. I really don't think she should be performing here. But, I guess she wants the prize money.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Looking at planned program content, nothing outrageous for mens. I'm really excited to see all of these programs with an audience.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Anna joins Sasha in getting 3F! calls. Although, both of them were called at Junior World's too.

It really comes down to Anna's better spins and PCS here..as to why she's ahead of Liza..