2021 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - Day 1

lady_bee

Medalist
Oooo, there are Brian & Stephan in the venue. I really want to go Oosaka right now.
Why didn't I apply for tickets? Why I have a kid to take care of :cry:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't like the way he says Anna's last name and yet.. is it correct? It sounds a little like a very hirsute Star Wars character.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
YMCA!

And the Mascot!

Do you think a famous skater might be under there :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
But Liza's jumps are way better than Anna's, her GOE should be way higher. Sure Anna's jumps aren't tiny but they're nowhere near as impressive.

Kaori felt Rika's pain on that 3A fall though! As did I that was scary!
Liza's jumps are more to my taste personally but the way they do GOE seems to take other things into account.

Liza's weakness is her spins.

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Beautiful skate by Anna, but still don't understand why she gets those points for her combo with that flat edge on her Lutz.
For my untrained eye it was a very well performed lutz and for me nothing to call out this time.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
But Liza's jumps are way better than Anna's, her GOE should be way higher. Sure Anna's jumps aren't tiny but they're nowhere near as impressive.

Kaori felt Rika's pain on that 3A fall though! As did I that was scary!
Anna still gets a lot of the bullet points. For example, her height and distance is good (not amazing but good enough), her landings are good, no one looks at pre-rotation it's not even something the judges review so her take off is fine, she has transitions in and out, they have good flow coming out of them, they're choreographed to match the music, etc..

Basically Eteri's skaters skates are designed to get a lot of the GOE because so much looks at not the actual jump itself..

And then Anna's layout program is basically perfectly maximized so even without a 3A her BV is only about 3 points lower than Liza's.

Last edited: