2022-23 Injuries and ills | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Injuries and ills

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Poor Harley! He is optimistic about the surgery and recovery time, I really hope he is right. Let the recovery be as speedy as possible!

mrrice

Record Breaker
She wrote something on Instagram about how it was supposed to be a good work day, and then this happened. So, likely it's an injury sustained during practice indeed.

Get well soon to all the injured skaters!
Which Kostner? Carolina Kostner???? I thought she was retired and coaching. Is she still an eligible skater?

yesterday

Record Breaker
Where did this happen? I love Carolina, and I'd love to see a recent clip of her skating.

We don't know for sure, but seems "work"-related, so we guess, skating.
(https://www.instagram.com/p/CiPrTNfrB8w/)

on her Account, you can also see bits of skating.

Carolina is busy with her own (?) sports clothing and being an ambassador for the 2026 Games in Milano.
And she's been to Japan this summer. Not sure if for a show or coaching/choreo work or a workshop.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuma Kagiyama was withdrawn from the Japan Open due to injury.

Based on my understanding of the situation, before Dreams on Ice in July, he began experiencing left ankle pain. He got an MRI after the event, and was diagnosed with a "bone contusion/bone bruise" (basically a microfracture? I've seen all sorts of interpretations) and inflammation, and was training without jumps for quite a while. It was thought to be caused by overpractice from the Olympic season. There was a Quadruple Axel interview with him during which he was still practicing without jumps, but I don't know when the interview was given. Based on his comments, he's well on the path to recovery but is not yet in great condition, hence the withdrawal.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Here comes another one 😭

Bradie Tennell has withdrawn from the Japan Open

"Hi everyone, I'm so disappointed to announce that I'm not going to be able to skate in Japan as planned this week. As you can see from my earlier posts, I was SO looking forward to this experience, and it makes me so sad not to be able to be there with you all. I've got an issue with my ankle that's preventing me from skating right now. While I know it's going to be resolved soon, I also know that it's going to keep me off the ice for a few weeks to be able to heal. Such a shame to miss this amazing event. Trying to keep it all in perspective that these are the ups and downs we need to go through to get to success. See you next time, Japan."

:(

Country
Norway
When is her first GP? This half of the season looks very bleak for her right now :( I was really hoping she was done with her ankle issues but it seems to always come back :(:(

Also, does this impact her going to Nationals if she can´t do the international assignments or can she still get a bye because she has to WD because of injury?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When is her first GP? This half of the season looks very bleak for her right now :( I was really hoping she was done with her ankle issues but it seems to always come back :(:(

Also, does this impact her going to Nationals if she can´t do the international assignments or can she still get a bye because she has to WD because of injury?
Her first GP is in Britain, she has plenty of time to heal. 🤞

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am losing faith in the skating season. Too many injuries and we alreadyaare missing the Russians. Great opportunity for some second or third tier skaters to win big medals.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am losing faith in the skating season. Too many injuries and we already are missing the Russians. Great opportunity for some second or third tier skaters to win big medals.
We need double emojis for this post! It's really bittersweet. So sad for all of the injured skaters - may they all recover completely & speedily. :pray: :pray: :pray: May the skaters who now have the opportunity to skate in their absence really shine. :cheer:

Kevin Aymoz, so sorry for your continuing injuries. May you recover fully and ASAP!

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Some (semi?) good news:

Yuma went back on the ice at the end of September after 2 months off, and managed to get his triples back within five days but is struggling with 3As/quads. He's still dealing with a little bit of pain, but healing the injury completely is currently the priority and he will focus on adding in the more difficult technical elements later in the season. Finally, he wants to have a positive attitude no matter what happens this season.

Last edited: