2022-23 Injuries and ills | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Injuries and ills

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Reading this makes me so appreciative of all skaters dealing with complicated, repeated and inconveniently located fractures. Kihira and Aoki and their broken ankles, Bradie and her foot fracture (I think Edmunds had to retire because hers wasn't heaing well?), Satoko and Usacheva with their hip fractures (didn't Nathan have one too, in juniors?), Kostornaia with her repeated wrist fractures, and so many more. And of course, a shoutout to the two heroic men currently jumping quads on 3-times fractured ankles, Sota and Erokhov.
Wishin them all firm health... 🍀

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I don't even wish them anything besides good health anymore!!!!! All will be ok if only they have zero injuries!!!

It's a weird situation where whenever I discover someone I like my first thought is ",I hope their health and bones hold up!!!"

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For what it's worth, here's the image he'd posted on IG: https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1596195562688286720/photo/1 The previous IG link doesn't work for me anymore, maybe he's deleted the photo. It doesn't look like a full-length fracture to my eyes, but then, I know nothing about fractures or medicine...
We need an orthopedist in this forum to analyze this. I really hope Lukas will recover quickly, at least for Worlds. (if not before) ... But I also hope he will not come back too soon. The one good thing for him is that injuring an ankle, or any lower limb is much tougher for a skater than upper limbs...

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We need an orthopedist in this forum to analyze this. I really hope Lukas will recover quickly, at least for Worlds. (if not before) ... But I also hope he will not come back too soon. The one good thing for him is that injuring an ankle, or any lower limb is much tougher for a skater than upper limbs...
Paging Dr. Valtter Virtanen...
I know its not your specialty, but we need a consult please.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
poor boy what a bad luck! he was just starting to shine! i wish him speed recovery
Hi! New poster here. I broke my collarbone in a cycling accident. After 6 weeks the bone had not healed at all and I had to have surgery and a metal plate inserted. I got the metal plate removed 18 months later. I wish him well but if he is recovered in time for Euros it will be some kind if miracle.
hello there! welcome on golden skate! post long, post often and come take a look at the live chats. it's fun and we're all mad there :biggrin:

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When Connor McDavid broken his collarbone at few years ago, he was out for exactly 3 months. I don't know when he was back on the ice, but sometime before that since he was playing games again at 3 months, and NHL hockey is a contact sport, of course. Really depends on the individual injury and person, but I don't think Worlds would be out of the question since it's more than 3 months from now.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Children has collarbones, too. But in Finland you must have basic knowledge from general medicine before specializing. Dr. V have studied in Germany, but it does not make difference to demands.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ilia Malinin is dealing with a left foot injury. "I’m a little bit injured, I’m playing it safe, protect it to make sure the injury doesn’t get worse.”
Source
I suspected that because he didn't lutz.. not just the quad but also the triple he usually does in the LP... I had mentioned that concern in the thread.. Let's hope he recuperates quickly.. that's the issue with this sport... one needs to find a balance between training and health... I remember Patrick saying later on in his career that he gave up on the quad flip and then the quad salchow which he had acquired much later, because it took too much training and was too harsh on his body, and he wanted to be able to live a healthy normal life after his career....

Klutz

Spectator
Thanks for the info -- I'm sorry you had to go through so much and hope you're now OK.

Also welcome to Golden Skate! Post long and post often

Thanks for the info -- I'm sorry you had to go through so much and hope you're now OK.

Also welcome to Golden Skate! Post long and post often!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! This board looks like fun. Excited for the upcoming GPF.

Oh and my shoulder is about 95% now. Lol I framed the implant....makes a great conversation piece.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Donovan Carillo has ankle surgery: