mikeko666

Final Flight

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
KanaDai announced their RD:

Music: "Conga and Rhythm is Gonna Get You “ / ”Ahora“ and “Move”

Choreographers: Marina Zoueva / Ilia Tkachenko / Maxim Kozhevnikov /Sarry / Koyo Yanai / Randi Strong

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
KanaDai announced their RD:

Music: "Conga and Rhythm is Gonna Get You “ / ”Ahora“ and “Move”

Choreographers: Marina Zoueva / Ilia Tkachenko / Maxim Kozhevnikov /Sarry / Koyo Yanai / Randi Strong

Oooh, a glimpse of Dai's abs :love2: (sorry, I'm shallow) :p

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Saw a video of part of the programme from Friends on Ice - not thrilled with the pink costume, but I hope they have others for competition.

The pink costumes are for their exhibition to Sam Smith's "Love goes", not their RD fortunately. They probably don't have those ready yet. :)

ETA: These are the provisional costumes they performed their RD in today:

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
According to this interview of Rikako Fukase by a school publication, she's no longer skating as an ice dancer. Instead, she's joining a Canadian synchronize skating team since May: https://www.daito.ac.jp/100/details_00475.html

(And it seems that her former partner, Oliver Cho, has retired from the competition).

Adding: from the interview Rikako mentions that the synchro-team she joins has been to World Championship recently...but I'm not quite familiar with synchronize skating to know which team it is.

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Since I think KanaDai's fan fest isn't frequented as much as this one - here's their RD from today's Friends on Ice live broadcast:

It's still early stages and the choreo isn't finished (e.g. they haven't incorporated the lift yet), but whoa that's some high energy, fun program with lots of potential! Definitely makes me wanna move! :dance3:I'm looking forward to its evolution throughout the season.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Since I think KanaDai's fan fest isn't frequented as much as this one - here's their RD from today's Friends on Ice live broadcast:

It's still early stages and the choreo isn't finished (e.g. they haven't incorporated the lift yet), but whoa that's some high energy, fun program with lots of potential! Definitely makes me wanna move! :dance3:I'm looking forward to its evolution throughout the season.
Looks like the video has been removed from YouTube because it was taken from cable broadcasting.
Here is a video from terrestrial broadcasting which was posted later.

mikeko666

Final Flight

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Miyu Yunoki & Shoya Ichihashi placed 10th at Nebelhorn Trophy, in their international debut.

Here is their Free Skate:

They earned TES minimums in both programs to be eligible for 2023 Four Continents :) (also reaching Worlds TES for the FS)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
According to Yahoo! News, Shingo Nishiyama, who is currently competing at Tokyo Regionals, will retire as a single skater and focus on ice dance from next season. He had to end his partnership with Ayumi Takanami and return to Japan for financial reasons. He plans to return to North America to continue his ice dance training (no specific location mentioned in article; will he return to Cricket Club?). He hasn't found a partner yet, but I imagine it's just a matter of time before he's matched with someone.
Source: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/04275d778399b643f5df6f99c943e0e07c605453 (Japanese only)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I enjoy KidaMori very much. They already bring so many qualities to the table (smooth skating skills, speed, good transitions). 🥰 If the federation invests in them, they might have a bright future.
I just watched their SP at Gdansk. They seemed a bit tentative in places (I understand he is recovering from a knee injury) and botched some twizzles, but they are charming and do have some lovely qualities. They should be in good hands under Cathy Reed. Will they have to turn senior when he is 19?

yesterday

Record Breaker
I just watched their SP at Gdansk. They seemed a bit tentative in places (I understand he is recovering from a knee injury) and botched some twizzles, but they are charming and do have some lovely qualities. They should be in good hands under Cathy Reed. Will they have to turn senior when he is 19?
It's 21 for the men in pairs and ice dance

Status
Not open for further replies.