Status
Not open for further replies.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mikhail Kolyada
FS: "Tango in a Madhouse" by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Ilya Averbukh
That sounds insanely intriguing. Pardon the pun. No, I’m actually invested in seeing it. Wonder if Aliev could beat it with something…

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ivan Shmuratko, Ukraine:

SP: "Near the Poplar" by Shumei, choreo by Oleksii Olynik (who is still in Kiev), a tribute to his country "about a mother who waits for a son who has gone to fight for freedom."

LP: “Find Me” by Forest Blakk, “On the Nature of Daylight” by Max Richter, and “This Place was a Shelter” by Ólafur Arnalds., choreo by Adam Solya

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I saw the following free dance choices reported from someone who was at Dallas Classic

Lorraine McNamara/Anton Spiridonov USA
FD: "Rain in Your Black Eyes"

Emilea Zingas/Vadym Kolesnik USA
FD: Phillip Glass "Metamorphosis" and violin concerto; "Truman Sleeps" from The Truman Show

Raffaella Koncius/Alexey Shchepetov USA
FD: W.E. soundtrack

Leah Neset/Artem Markalov USA
FD: Pirates of the Caribbean

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I saw the following free dance choices reported from someone who was at Dallas Classic

Lorraine McNamara/Anton Spiridonov USA
FD: "Rain in Your Black Eyes"

Emilea Zingas/Vadym Kolesnik USA
FD: Phillip Glass "Metamorphosis" and violin concerto; "Truman Sleeps" from The Truman Show

Raffaella Koncius/Alexey Shchepetov USA
FD: W.E. soundtrack

Leah Neset/Artem Markalov USA
FD: Pirates of the Caribbean
warhorse
warhorse-ish
warhorse-ish
warhorse
:drama:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I can sort of, sooooort of, understand the reason behind skaters using warhorses like Rachmoninov, swan lake, phantom, etc. What I simply cannot understand is skaters using the EXACT SAME CUT as previous skaters. I just don't understand it! At least when I hear an announcement, "I'm using Romeo and Juliet this season!", there's a possibility of the ballet, the Nina rota score, the 1996 film, the 2015 film, or the other ballet. When I hear Swan Lake, 90% of the time you'll hear the exact same cuts everyone else uses! [Forget that swan lake is a 3 hour ballet. Who knew?]When I hear an announcement of Rachmoninov, or Beethoven, it's almost always the same Moonlight Sonata or concerto no. 2. And if skating to Einaudi, it's always the same 3 pieces: Experience, Run, or Primavera.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I can sort of, sooooort of, understand the reason behind skaters using warhorses like Rachmoninov, swan lake, phantom, etc. What I simply cannot understand is skaters using the EXACT SAME CUT as previous skaters. I just don't understand it! At least when I hear an announcement, "I'm using Romeo and Juliet this season!", there's a possibility of the ballet, the Nina rota score, the 1996 film, the 2015 film, or the other ballet. When I hear Swan Lake, 90% of the time you'll hear the exact same cuts everyone else uses! [Forget that swan lake is a 3 hour ballet. Who knew?]When I hear an announcement of Rachmoninov, or Beethoven, it's almost always the same Moonlight Sonata or concerto no. 2. And if skating to Einaudi, it's always the same 3 pieces: Experience, Run, or Primavera.
i guess because it's easier and you already know won't have to deal with copyright issues and whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.