2022-23 Russian Pairs Figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Pairs Figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Again, very rough picture about the next season...

Pairs-2022-23.jpg

And we should not forget that Sui/Han are probably retiring too, and some others (DellaMonica/Guarise). This won't be a season the be followed.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Pairs-2022-23.jpg

And we shouldnot forget that Sui/Han are probbly retiring too, and some others (DellaMonica/Guarise). This won't be a season the be followed.
It isn’t, internationally, if you factor in splits and doping as well. The only bright spot is the return of Zabiiako to skate for Canada. It sucks.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It isn’t, internationally, if you factor in splits and doping as well. The only bright spot is the return of Zabiiako to skate for Canada. It sucks.
I agree on that. an aquintance of mine elsewhere already counted that for pairs, I hope he won't mind I will list it here:

77 pairs in best list now, 15 of them Russians, 2 Belorussian, so that leaves us 50. At least 6 (maybe more) retired, split or have another obstacle like Barquero, we have 44. 13 are juniors (not counted russian junior pairs), let's say half of them will remain juniors (I've looked only briefly for their age), so count that as another 6 less. We have 38 and that is still very rough number. For the full GP entries when everyone gets 2 spots we need 24 pairs, which means practically everyone who is not injured/sick/retiring/split/in jail gets an entry just to keep the competition going. The quality will be adequate (and maybe even the risk of injuries if they really try to fill the missing spots by skaters for whom that will be above their qualities).

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I agree on that. an aquintance of mine elsewhere already counted that for pairs, I hope he won't mind I will list it here:

77 pairs in best list now, 15 of them Russians, 2 Belorussian, so that leaves us 50. At least 6 (maybe more) retired, split or have another obstacle like Barquero, we have 44. 13 are juniors (not counted russian junior pairs), let's say half of them will remain juniors (I've looked only briefly for their age), so count that as another 6 less. We have 38 and that is still very rough number. For the full GP entries when everyone gets 2 spots we need 24 pairs, which means practically everyone who is not injured/sick/retiring/split/in jail gets an entry just to keep the competition going. The quality will be adequate (and maybe even the risk of injuries if they really try to fill the missing spots by skaters for whom that will be above their qualities).
Basically, I was surprised they said pairs will compete in each of GP stages, because it is so close, but they can probably cut down number of entries per event to 6-8. Fingers crossed safety is not overlooked and pairs are not entering unprepared for GP level. Maybe Korovin gets to compete as well…

LadyB

Record Breaker

Pairs-2022-23.jpg

And we should not forget that Sui/Han are probbly retiring too, and some others (DellaMonica/Guarise). This won't be a season the be followed.
Definitely not internationally. I'm still looking forward to all Russian events, but at the same time, it breaks my heart that my favs won't be able to prove their class in international competitions.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Definitely not internationally. I'm still looking forward to all Russian events, but at the same time, it breaks my heart that my favs won't be able to prove their class in international competitions.
I was intending to write "this won't be an international season to be followed" but somehow I forgot the word "international".

Of course ISU can still dismiss the incriminating communication or CAS can turn it, but so far I would rather not rely on anything.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I was intending to write "this won't be an international season to be followed" but somehow I forgot the word "international".

Of course ISU can still dismiss the incriminating communication or CAS can turn it, but so far I would rather not rely on anything.
Sorry, I didn't clarify my thoughts.
Of course, I knew you meant 'internationally'. I know you've got your heart in the right place. 😍
I fear you are right and the decision is unlikely to be changed. 😭

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sorry, I didn't clarify my thoughts.
Of course, I knew you meant 'internationally'. I know you've got your heart in the right place. 😍
Thank you (y)

I fear you are right and the decision is unlikely to be changed. 😭
Well, mr. Bach made another statement on the reasons why russian athletes should not be let to international competitions. It's for their protection:

Somehow I don't believe him.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Thank you (y)

Well, mr. Bach made another statement on the reasons why russian athletes should not be let to international competitions. It's for their protection:

Somehow I don't believe him.
Bach has been top of my black list since 2018. Just glad he, during the Beijing Olympics, repeatedly called the Chinese 'best friends' despite ongoing human rights abuses. No sign of double standards in the IOC. What a guy! 👊

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Bach has been top of my black list since 2018. Just glad he, during the Beijing Olympics, repeatedly called the Chinese 'best friends' despite ongoing human rights abuses. No sign of double standards in the IOC. What a guy! 👊
Maria Lasitskene (high jumper, gold medalist from Tokio) wrote an open letter to Bach, I've posted it in women's thread, so to not double it I just link it:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, the only cases I can think of if fans misbehaviour were related to Hanyu, so I move we protect the Japanese athletes next.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
#10 just announced retirement as well (not unexpected)

At this rate, tbh, we can just tentatively remove 'Russian' from the title of this thread and call it Pair Skating, Season 2022-23

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
#10 just announced retirement as well (not unexpected)

At this rate, tbh, we can just tentatively remove 'Russian' from the title of this thread and call it Pair Skating, Season 2022-23
Well, at least in Russia there will be excellent pair skating next season. With all the splits in pair skating right now I´m just happy that my favorites Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin won´t split next season.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, at least in Russia there will be excellent pair skating next season. With all the splits in pair skating right now I´m just happy that my favorites Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin won´t split next season.
Maybe they can add more steps to the podiums!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
To preserve the category the number of entries from one country could be increased (I know it won't happen but a boy can dream :biggrin: ).

hanca

Record Breaker
Maybe they can add more steps to the podiums!
I don’t need them to add more steps at the podium, but I would like them to add number of pairs competing at the Russian senior nationals. At least 16 pairs, please (although I think they would be able to find even 20). Considering how many junior pairs have aged out of juniors, I would be quite happy if junior nationals have only 12 pairs as it has been until now.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I don’t need them to add more steps at the podium, but I would like them to add number of pairs competing at the Russian senior nationals. At least 16 pairs, please (although I think they would be able to find even 20). Considering how many junior pairs have aged out of juniors, I would be quite happy if junior nationals have only 12 pairs as it has been until now.
Where do I sign?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
National team

Senior
Karina Akopova/Nikita Rakhmanin, Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovskii, Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov, Daria Pavliuchenko/Denis Khodykin, Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
Senior reserve
Yasmina Kadyrova/Valerii Kolesov, Anastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri Evgeniev, Natalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk

Junior
Anastasia Egorova/Rodion Marinskiy, Ekaterina Petushkova/Evgeni Malikov, Elizaveta Romanova/Valeri Nazarov, Varvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko, Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov, Maiia Shegai/Igor Shamshurov
Junior Reserve
Sofia Marinina/Nikita Finokhin, Alisa Rodionova/Alexei Karpov

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
National team

Senior
Karina Akopova/Nikita Rakhmanin, Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovskii, Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov, Daria Pavliuchenko/Denis Khodykin, Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
Senior reserve
Yasmina Kadyrova/Valerii Kolesov, Anastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri Evgeniev, Natalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk

Junior
Anastasia Egorova/Rodion Marinskiy, Ekaterina Petushkova/Evgeni Malikov, Elizaveta Romanova/Valeri Nazarov, Varvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko, Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov, Maiia Shegai/Igor Shamshurov
Junior Reserve
Sofia Marinina/Nikita Finokhin, Alisa Rodionova/Alexei Karpov
Hold on, no Mironov with __?