2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Always thought Maria Masur would potentially do well. Beautiful skater. Milana lebedeva and Elizaveta Kulikova were wonderful too. Three most enjoyable out of the top group for me. Few lesser well known skaters with lovely expressive skating.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Samodelkina's SP music is 'Can’t Help Falling in Love' performed by Diana Ankudinova, choreo by Nikita Mikhailov.

Source: Sokolovskaya's interview

'I'm not much of an expert when it comes to women's programs. I haven't had that kind of experience. I rushed back and forth, realizing that I didn't like anything, that it was all just nonsense. We did a short program with Nikita Mikhailov, everyone seemed to like it, and we started working on it. And then suddenly I heard the music 'Can't Help Falling in Love' by Diana Ankudinova - Sasha Trusova and Dima Mikhailov skated to it in the show. I called Nikita over to me and said, "Compose me this music for two-fifty." - "For whom?" - "For Samodelkina, short program." - "Are you crazy?"

That's how we changed the program. We took away the emotion here, changed the steps there, Sonia can't understand anything. But now I really like what we've got.'

Amei

Record Breaker
Samodelkina's SP music is 'Can’t Help Falling in Love' performed by Diana Ankudinova, choreo by Nikita Mikhailov.

Source: Sokolovskaya's interview

'I'm not much of an expert when it comes to women's programs. I haven't had that kind of experience. I rushed back and forth, realizing that I didn't like anything, that it was all just nonsense. We did a short program with Nikita Mikhailov, everyone seemed to like it, and we started working on it. And then suddenly I heard the music 'Can't Help Falling in Love' by Diana Ankudinova - Sasha Trusova and Dima Mikhailov skated to it in the show. I called Nikita over to me and said, "Compose me this music for two-fifty." - "For whom?" - "For Samodelkina, short program." - "Are you crazy?"

That's how we changed the program. We took away the emotion here, changed the steps there, Sonia can't understand anything. But now I really like what we've got.'

:( If a skater can't particularly understand a program how will she successfully be able to perform it?

Amei

Record Breaker
Test skates yeiii, this year is a short list, but quality is undeniable

Sofia Akatieva
Kamila Valieva
Sofia Muravieva
Adeliia Petrosian
Sofia Samodelkina
Alexandra Trusova
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Why isn't Usacheva here? She was in shows earlier this year, did she have a setback in her recovery?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Why isn't Usacheva here? She was in shows earlier this year, did she have a setback in her recovery?
i dont think she has all her jumps back yet and looks to be keeping her old programs too so nothing to really showcase.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yay! I’m excited. I’m sad to not see Kseniia. But, I was expecting to not see her name.

Really interested in watching this test skate. I love these six senior skaters plus Akatieva. But, my fave is Sofia M. and I’m hoping her programs are as amazing as last year. Also, nice to see Kamila and Alexandra, as well.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Yay! I’m excited. I’m sad to not see Kseniia. But, I was expecting to not see her name.

Really interested in watching this test skate. I love these six senior skaters plus Akatieva. But, my fave is Sofia M. and I’m hoping her programs are as amazing as last year. Also, nice to see Kamila and Alexandra, as well.
I am sad not to see Kseniia too. With 4 prominent women missing I wonder why she wasn't invited instead. I hope she is continuing in singles. Looking forward to all of them.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russian ladies are in their own league, it's only the start of the season and test skates are better that anything we could watch until now, ladies all the way
The best in the world at what they do, and the best in the world by a wide margin.

I was able to watch the cup events from SPb and Perm and would not have done that previously. There are so many more smaller schools with hidden talent ready to be discovered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.