2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 73 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the "Figure Skating Festival" featuring Sofia A, Alexandra T, Anna S, Kamila K, Alina Z, Evgenia M, etc. will be broadcast or if there is any link to watch the event happening July 1st?

Amei

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if the "Figure Skating Festival" featuring Sofia A, Alexandra T, Anna S, Kamila K, Alina Z, Evgenia M, etc. will be broadcast or if there is any link to watch the event happening July 1st?

According to the IG page I follow, which is usually fairly accurate, Akatieva is not going to be at the sports festival on the 1st. Hopefully she had something family related come up and she's not injured.

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
According to the IG page I follow, which is usually fairly accurate, Akatieva is not going to be at the sports festival on the 1st. Hopefully she had something family related come up and she's not injured.

Hopefully everything is okay and works out for her.

Amei

Record Breaker
The media are reporting that Akatieva has a stress fracture of her foot.

And they are reporting she may be back on the ice 10 days after the injury.... that seems like a really short amount of time to be off the ice for a stress fracture, which is often times due to overuse. Its not like this is an Olympic year

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
And they are reporting she may be back on the ice 10 days after the injury.... that seems like a really short amount of time to be off the ice for a stress fracture, which is often times due to overuse. Its not like this is an Olympic year
The author of the original news/inside says it's not true. He says she'll miss at least three weeks since the injury. This source, RIA, is usually more reliable.

JimR

On the Ice
I wonder if this is why they jogged instead of sprinted at that athletics event earlier in the month.

It's not a good sign though since stress fractures generally recur over time, plus she hasn't had a growth spurt yet like Valieva has had so we don't know what added weight will do to her.

Somehow I think Adelia will be spared stress fractures.

Amei

Record Breaker
The author of the original news/inside says it's not true. He says she'll miss at least three weeks since the injury. This source, RIA, is usually more reliable.

The article that said the 10 day mark quoted TASS who is usually very reliable/reputable

JimR

On the Ice
It's odd to get a stress fracture early in the season it seems like it was probably an injury she has carried hoping it would improve after the break.

No wonder Shcherbakova is thinking of a comeback.

Akatieva carrying an injury, Valieva possibly suspended, Petrosian had an injury that kept her out of events last season.

katymay

Medalist
I wonder if this is why they jogged instead of sprinted at that athletics event earlier in the month.

It's not a good sign though since stress fractures generally recur over time, plus she hasn't had a growth spurt yet like Valieva has had so we don't know what added weight will do to her.

Somehow I think Adelia will be spared stress fractures.
Not much can be done really, and you have the pain (when your foot is in a skate) forever. More needs to be done to prevent this particular injury with boot design, cushioning of the top of the foot etc. For so many skaters this is a career ending issue.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
There's a new thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.