2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 56 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakes

On the Ice
Anya said in her interview she got her first salary from federation in her first junior season 2017/18 - 13k rubles (190$) monthly.
I wonder if I can find present official numbers for juniors and seniors somewhere in FFKR documents?

Lurker11

On the Ice
Is this the highest jump in female skating? Ever?

tbGY8IR.jpg

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
Is this the highest jump in female skating? Ever?

tbGY8IR.jpg
Wow, that's nice! One of the highest indeed. It's massive!
I agree that most female skaters (even my faves) do not reach this height with quads or triple axels where both feet are extended and almost above the boards while in the air. Kamila is an extreme athlete.
I've looked at the other unrelated amazing athlete mentioned here but the extended foot on the highest jump while in the air is well below the board missing several inches to be equal to this. This was based on multiple video compilations and none to the height that you've posted here. Still a great height but not to Kami's current quad toe level at nationals.

She is incredible, but that height must do a number on her knees though when she lands with all that force. She put her all into her quads at nationals.

LCMbikc.png

Currently Veronika Zhilina seems promising as one year or two ago Kami's quad toe at most times was to a similar height (but at other times higher). Zhilina has way less consistency but already has great height at such a young age on her quad toes. I don't know if she will ever gain solid consistency on her jumps, but maybe by 16 she might reach a similar level in height to Kami considering how big her quad toes already are.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think "Red Machine's" three-peat is purely accidental.
Alina's charisma is unmatched. She doesn't compete anymore, but she energizes her surrounding and steals the show anyway... 😍

Anna was captain for one of these don’t forget.

But, definitely Alina has great coach qualities. Seems like she will put her arm around you when it’s warranted, but also kick you in the butt when that’s warranted. Probably helped that her father was an ice hockey coach.

And she approaches these events like they mean something. After all, as someone pointed out, it is an official event on the season calendar, and not an exhibition event.

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
How the Russian skaters would have fared today. Scores taken from the Russian Nationals.

hnXXKD8.jpg

Edit. I should have excluded Akatieva because she is not age eligible.
Sofia A really has the worst end of the stick.
The team for Euros would have been either be Liza, Sofia M, and Kami* or Liza, Sofia M, and Adeliia. Sofia A really had no chance either way despite winning gold. She should have been born a few months or a year earlier to be officially senior :frown:
Internationally in juniors she'd be stuck doing that 3A+3T for less points in the short program for another 2 or more seasons. At least she can enjoy seniors domestically...

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Sofia A really has the worst end of the stick.
The team for Euros would have been either be Liza, Sofia M, and Kami* or Liza, Sofia M, and Adeliia. Sofia A really had no chance either way despite winning gold. She should have been born a few months or a year earlier to be officially senior :frown:
Internationally in juniors she'd be stuck doing that 3A+3T for less points in the short program for another 2 or more seasons. At least she can enjoy seniors domestically...
Not even few months earlier, she is only 1 week younger than Adeliya:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.