2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Men's Short Program

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anybody else upset that this is the Olympics, yet after a lifetime of work and sacrifice no competitor’s family or friends can attend? And the arena is cavernously empty. Makes me sick. I hope the competitors know we’re at home wishing them all the best.
It was like this at Tokyo except there were no spectators at all. It really stinks for the athletes.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anybody else upset that this is the Olympics, yet after a lifetime of work and sacrifice no competitor’s family or friends can attend? And the arena is cavernously empty. Makes me sick. I hope the competitors know we’re at home wishing them all the best.

I think at this point we're all just happy it's taking place.

As are the skaters.

NaVi

Medalist
The men's SP should be the last event in the short program.... it's more consequential for determining the winner out of either the SP or FS.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Would Tara have gotten to skate the team event in 1998 or would Michelle have taken both programs? Interesting to consider.

(she mentioned that she wished she'd had the opportunity)

NaVi

Medalist
I wish people wouldn't say that Russia is a favorite... Russia and US are very close and Russia only becomes the favorite if they do OK in this event.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lucky you. I am not looking forward to the blundering Eurosport guy on my stream
I am going to stop paying for Peacock. I have to have a VPN and go out of my own country just to get commentary.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Peacock never has commentators, up until the Olys.

I was afraid they might have them, I guess I'm the only one happy they're continuing without them. :)