2022 Skate America location revealed (Norwood, Mass.) | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America location revealed (Norwood, Mass.)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You must not have the pleasure of having an Ollie's two miles from your house, we like good stuff cheap;). But until Nats I had no idea it was a national chain.:oops:
The first time they advertised (at the Chicago area Skate America 2016 I think?) for Sk Amer, we were all trying to figure out who the heck they were, because we don't have them here in our area. Sounds like Ollie would be right up my alley! LOL.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The first time they advertised (at the Chicago area Skate America 2016 I think?) for Sk Amer, we were all trying to figure out who the heck they were, because we don't have them here in our area. Sounds like Ollie would be right up my alley! LOL.
We finally discovered an Ollies in our area (in Bristol, PA), about a half hour from home (Northeast Philly). We bought a few items there.

Last edited:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
GP Assignments are out!! Below is the current lineup for Skate America

Men: Brendan KERRY (AUS), Wesley CHIU (CAN), Roman SADOVSKY (CAN), Mikhail SELEVKO (EST), Daniel GRASSL (ITA), Yuma KAGIYAMA (JPN), Sena MIYAKE (JPN), Junhwan CHA (KOR), Donovan CARRILLO (MEX), Liam KAPEIKIS (USA), Ilia MALININ (USA). TBD (USA)

Women: Yi ZHU (CHN), Marilena KITROMILIS (CYP), Nicole SCHOTT (GER), Rino MATSUIKE (JPN), Kaori SAKAMOTO (JPN), Haein LEE (KOR), Yeonjeong PARK (KOR), Ahsun YUN (KOR), Ekaterina KURAKOVA (POL), Amber GLENN (USA), Isabeau LEVITO (USA), TBD (USA)

Pairs: Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE (AUS), Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK/ Maxime DESCHAMPS (CAN), Daria DANILOVA/ Michel TSIBA (NED), Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD (SWE), Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI (UKR), Alexa KNIERIM/ Brandon FRAZIER (USA), Anastasiia SMIRNOVA / Danylo SIIANYTSIA (USA), TBD (USA)

Ice Dance: Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC (CAN), Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS (CAN), Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER (FRA), Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG/ Benjamin STEFFAN (GER), Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN), Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (LTU), Oleksandra NAZAROVA / Maksym NIKITIN (UKR), Madison CHOCK/ Evan BATES (USA), Kaitlin HAWAYEK/ Jean-Luc BAKER (USA), TBD (USA)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't normally care about where the North American events are held, because it doesn't make much difference to those of us in other parts of the world. But I do care in this case.

I really hope the Boston club go all out to fill as many slots as they can with their own skaters that represent other countries.

Yes, I'm thinking about Marilena Kitromilis and Ashley Lin.

CaroLiza_fan

:cheer: MARILENA GOT ONE OF THE SLOTS!!!!!! :cheer:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

If I am correct, she is the only Skating Club Of Boston club member competing in the Ladies category (I haven't checked the other categories). That said, there is one slot that is still to be announced, so hopefully that will go to one of Marilena's club-mates.

The club deserves it! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

ChristineB

On the Ice
I emailed the B.O. (a nice guy named Ben emailed back) and this is what he had to say about shuttles.

So fingers crossed if their discussions pan out, they will be providing shuttles. That makes me very happy as I'm staying close to the train station and would save me a lot on money on Uber/Lyfts or cabs. There are over 2,000 parking spaces there, so there should be ample parking.

Also, having the shuttle by the train allows people more flexibility in accommodations (or stay in downtown Boston if they want), as long as they are on the train line that stops at Route 128. There is also a Marriott Courtyard next to the train station but it looks like they are already sold out for SA weekend. I wonder if the Courtyard will be the official hotel - perhaps USFS bought up the rooms.
I am staying at the Marriott Courtyard right across from the train station and wonder if you've heard anything more about the shuttle possibility?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am staying at the Marriott Courtyard right across from the train station and wonder if you've heard anything more about the shuttle possibility?
No, I have not. But I plan to keep an eye on their website and imagine they will post details as the event approaches.

You can always email the box office and ask.

ChristineB

On the Ice
No, I have not. But I plan to keep an eye on their website and imagine they will post details as the event approaches.

You can always email the box office and ask.
Thanks, I did email them, but have not heard back either way. Will also keep an eye out on their website. Fingers crossed!