2022 Skate America Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Men's Short Program

Carol1

Medalist
I first saw Shimado live at Junior Worlds in Zagreb. I'll never forget it because a Japanese fan in my aisle threw him flowers and accidentally also threw her phone!

Not a good skate today, but he's clearly worked on his presentation skills and he'll get back up and keep going strong just like that phone did.

Brenda_Bottems

On the Ice
200.gif
Can you cool it with GIFs please,dear?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also are those pleather pants? They're definitely not the patented valour look of Yuzu or Shoma :laugh2:

yesterday

Record Breaker
I find it interesting that the rules for Juniors are actually stricter in the SP - like they have that designated solo jump, so if you miss the combo, you can't just stick it onto the next jumping pass.

Or would the pressure of trying to stick the combo in a different spot be more stressful? Hmm :scratch2: :
to me with the designated jump they can assure a certain tech base level?

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Sing Sing Sing is always a good way to get the audience immediately on your side, and I appreciate the people who cheered for the step sequence. I think this program is a good way to challenge him as a performer-- he was obviously nervous/focused in the beginning and the energy wasn't always there but it'll be interesting to see how Koshiro develops this over the season. Jumps were uh, on break, but I knew this was a possibility especially when I put him in my predictions lol.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I first saw Shimado live at Junior Worlds in Zagreb. I'll never forget it because a Japanese fan in my aisle threw him flowers and accidentally also threw her phone!
Yikes! Did she get the phone back? And did it survive the throw?

(Man, this reminds me that I've been so lazy lately and haven't done any skating :( why must closest rink be like two bus trips away...)

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I find it interesting that the rules for Juniors are actually stricter in the SP - like they have that designated solo jump, so if you miss the combo, you can't just stick it onto the next jumping pass.

Or would the pressure of trying to stick the combo in a different spot be more stressful? Hmm :scratch2: :
It used to be that way in Seniors, too. I honestly don't remember when that changed.

Sackie

Medalist
I expect all 3 USA men will be getting SBs tonight. ;-) Advantages of skating at home.