2022 U.S. Nationals: Men's Thoughts? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Nationals: Men's Thoughts?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can I just say again how much I love “Rocketman” and pray he does it in the Olympics? In the costume his mom made him.

And did he tie Dick Button for US Nationals wins?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Can I just say again how much I love “Rocketman” and pray he does it in the Olympics? In the costume his mom made him.

Nope, Dick Button has seven.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Malinin was the star of this competition for me.

The biggest heartbreak was Zhou’s FS.

And I was happy to see Pulkinen do better/good. I also thought Kapeiniks (? Spelling?) was fun to watch.

I missed Naumov and Hiwatashi so, so bad!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Hah I'm not entirely a fan of the Rocket Man outfit from Nationals TBH - it's a bit high-school desktop wallpaper for me, lol... I preferred the one he won Worlds with, but I'm sure he'll mix it up again for the Olympics.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Vincent was 3rd because of the SP: he scored 112.78 to Jason's 100.84.
Vincent's 11.94 SP lead more than made up for Jason's 11.56 FS lead.

Both men had mistakes in their FS,. It isn't as if Jason was clean and Vincent wasn't.

Of the top 4, only Ilia Malinin turned in a clean FS.
I think Ilia was the only one who had a perfect long program out of all the skaters.

sheetz

Record Breaker
My understanding is that Chen decided to retire after this Olympics long ago. He seems like an extremely focused and determined person who achieves his goals, and moves on.
He's said in his latest interviews that he's still undecided about retiring. And contrary to popular belief I actually believe he prefers to not focus too much on a single activity at one time because he was accustomed to juggling at least half a dozen different activities as a child.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
He's said in his latest interviews that he's still undecided about retiring. And contrary to popular belief I actually believe he prefers to not focus too much on a single activity at one time because he was accustomed to juggling at least half a dozen different activities as a child.
That opens intriguing possibilities then.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
USFS would probably like to see Nathan do this year's Worlds, and help keep 3 spots for the following year. Nathan may or may not go along with this.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I imagine seeing Ilia yesterday helped Nathan make up his mind about retiring after the Olympics 😂
Hopefully he decided he would like to beat the hot new flavor of the week - but wait he’s already done that. But I don’t think any of these things affect him at all. He has his own goals.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Oooh. I have to admit to not following his latest interviews

sheetz

Record Breaker