2023-24 British and Irish Figure Skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023-24 British and Irish Figure Skating

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eurosport/Discovery do have the Olympics broadcasting rights for the UK, so we do have a chance that they might show the skating.

On the Eurosport player page (UK view) the opening ceremony is listed for 10:55-12:23 (weird end time!) tomorrow. They have some WYOG speed skating listed for the day after, which is making me hopeful for our figure skating.

Yeah, I've come across weird times like that on the online schedule pages before, but usually just on the linear channels. But then on the Sky EPG, it is rounded off to the nearest 5 minutes.

Like the Eurosport website, Discovery+ also had absolutely everything from the Youth Olympics listed when I looked this morning, but I only took note of the figure skating times. I had been hoping to watch the ski jumping and some of the biathlon over the weekend (not LIVE, though, because the times are rather early for us!), so I hope it does re-appear on Discovery+.

I checked the Olympic Channel website, and they are showing the Youth Olympics. But whether it will be available to us is another matter. I doubt it.

CaroLiza_fan

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Junior Worlds team: https://www.iceskating.org.uk/post/...24-junior-worlds-figure-skating-championships

Women
Alexa Severn
Reserve – Arabella Sear-Watkins

Men
Edward Appleby
Reserve – Jedidiah Lincoln

Pairs
Lucy Hay and Kyle McLeod

Ice Dance
Ashlie Slatter and Atl Ongay-Perez
Molly Hairsine and Alessio Surenkov-Gultchev

I wonder whether Ed going means that Graham is going to be back for senior worlds. I know that Ed didn't make the free at Euros, but I still feel he has kind of earnt a shot at senior worlds. Graham has missed the cut in some events in the past and it didn't affect his subsequent selection.

CelticRose22

Rinkside
There is enough of a gap between Junior Worlds and Senior Worlds for Ed to do both. Graham surely shouldn't even be considered unless he actually competes this season and also puts up a good score.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Junior Worlds team: https://www.iceskating.org.uk/post/...24-junior-worlds-figure-skating-championships

Women
Alexa Severn
Reserve – Arabella Sear-Watkins

Men
Edward Appleby
Reserve – Jedidiah Lincoln

Pairs
Lucy Hay and Kyle McLeod

Ice Dance
Ashlie Slatter and Atl Ongay-Perez
Molly Hairsine and Alessio Surenkov-Gultchev

I wonder whether Ed going means that Graham is going to be back for senior worlds. I know that Ed didn't make the free at Euros, but I still feel he has kind of earnt a shot at senior worlds. Graham has missed the cut in some events in the past and it didn't affect his subsequent selection.
Interesting question re. Graham - he's the only senior man with the tech scores for Worlds (other than Ed) - (I think). I'd like to see Henry Privett-Mendoza compete at Worlds, but his tech score is not quite there yet.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Interesting question re. Graham - he's the only senior man with the tech scores for Worlds (other than Ed) - (I think). I'd like to see Henry Privett-Mendoza compete at Worlds, but his tech score is not quite there yet.
Yes, Ed and Graham are the only senior men with the minimums for Worlds. Ken Fitterer has the FP TES, but not the SP.

avamaesmith

Spectator
Anyone seen the Nacka Trophy 2024 - an ice dance, solo dance and synchro events.

Lots of British winners in many of the categories but noticeably Lily Bakhtiari winning the Junior Ladies and Alana Pang winning the Senior Ladies by a ten point margin - beating the current Senior Ladies British Champion Jessica Marjot.

Lots of promise from British skaters on an international scale. I saw in Alana’s instagram post that she got a score of 102 in the FD (a score that wouldn’t look amiss in the FD of the Europeans or world championships.)

Well done to all the competitors
Results link here: https://skate.webbplatsen.net/23-24/71111/html/index.htm

Reactions: bgg

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Eurosport have the figure skating for the Youth Olympics. I have found it on the Figure Skating page (not the Olympics page) on the UK version of the Eurosport Player. I would imagine that they've put it in the same place on the other versions (although that might perhaps be too logical). I have just watched Tao who skated first in the men's short. For those with Eurosport, even if you don't have time to watch properly, it would be great if you could run the stream on demand. If we give them good viewing figures, they are more likely to decide that they want the figure skating back.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eurosport have the figure skating for the Youth Olympics. I have found it on the Figure Skating page (not the Olympics page) on the UK version of the Eurosport Player. I would imagine that they've put it in the same place on the other versions (although that might perhaps be too logical). I have just watched Tao who skated first in the men's short. For those with Eurosport, even if you don't have time to watch properly, it would be great if you could run the stream on demand. If we give them good viewing figures, they are more likely to decide that they want the figure skating back.

Well they can count me, because I watched this morning's action on Discovery+ this afternoon, as I didn't fancy taking the chance of getting interrupted by adverts watching the archived YouTube coverage.

And I will continue watching the rest of the Games on there.

Not sure Eurosport would take heed. But, it's worth a try.

CaroLiza_fan

Reactions: DSQ

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Tao did really well too. PBs in both programmes. He beat his previous total PB by around 25 points.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was just writing out a report about how one of my kids got on at the Sofia Trophy, and thought I should also post about that particular competition in here.

Leilah PATTEN (Sheffield) absolutely dominated Advanced Novice Ladies at the Sofia Trophy in Bulgaria. She won the SP by 2.15 points; before winning the FS by 13.83 points; and winning overall by 16.91 points.

To be fair, it is hardly surprising that she dominated, given that she has been competing in Juniors all season. Indeed, she was 2nd in Juniors at the Robin Hood Trophy a couple of weeks ago, and in October won Juniors at the Aberdeen Open by 9.31 points. This time last week, she hadn't done an Advanced Novice competition since last season!

However, I'm confused. Just who is she representing? There was no flag or country next to her name.

She switched from doing the British Championships to the Bulgarian Championships in 2019. But since then, she has been doing a whole pile of domestic competitions in both countries. For competitions in the UK, she is down as representing the Sheffield club; but for competitions in Bulgaria, she is down as representing the Denkova-Staviski club.

Personally, I like the way that both of the clubs are getting acknowledged. Even if it is making things confusing!

Anyway, it looks like she is very promising prospect.

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. In Senior Men, Brandon BAILEY (Oxford) finished 6th in the SP; 6th in the FS; and 7th overall out of 8.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Arabella Sear-Watkins has moved to Ice Dundee. I'm not clear who her coaches are now. Her Mam has moved too, and is now coaching there.

Ice Dundee

·

‼️
New team member announcement
‼️
We are delighted to announce that Arabella Sear-Watkins has joined the Ice Dundee Performance Team
⛸️
👏
Arabella is the 2023 Senior Ladies British Championship bronze medalist
🥉
Amongst her many sucesses as a skater is the participation at the European Youth Olympic Festival 2023
😍
We are also delighted to be welcoming her mum Tammy Sear Watkins into the Ice Dundee coaching team
💪
She is the 2000 British Senior Ladies Champion
🌟

May be an image of 8 people and people skating

All reactions:

CelticRose22

Rinkside
Worlds Team confirmed. No surprises here.