2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

Carol1

Medalist
Its not his programs that are memorable, its his shirts. :). I am sad because he always seemed like a nice guy.
Now that you mention the shirts, I do remember him! I thought it was quite ironic that he skated to The Greatest Showman considering he was one of the least great showmen I've ever seen aside from Max Aaron, but that is just my personal opinion and I respect that others will surely disagree.

The only Russia skater who has really made a positive and memorable impression on me in the last decade is Alena Leonova, which I expect is another unpopular take. Oh well!

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I guess this means that Fiona has chosen pairs over singles (which is interesting because from a Nationals perspective, I figured she would have more luck in singles cause there isn't much competition). Although, internationally, without scores in the 120s and 130s, she would be hard pressed to make a splash. She could have more luck in pairs internationally but she has a lot of competition at least leading up to 2026.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
It doesn't necessarily mean that she isn't competing singles. She can still do it, but she won't have a bye to Nationals next season so it'll be harder. There were 30 women competing for 14 Nationals spots at Challenge, so there's still quite a bit of competition there.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if Brooke will continue? Is she searching for a partner? Shame I really liked them together..
EDT .. I found a discussion about this in the Skate of Nations thread.

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Cayla Smith (US Junior Pairs) is on Ice Partner Search, so has split with Jared McPike, following their 2 silver medals at the Youth Olympics.

https://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=7319

Good luck to Cayla in her hunt for a new partner! And best of luck to Jared in the future too (I haven't seen any posts from him, and he's not on IPS, so I'm not sure whether he will seek a new partner.)

midori green

On the Ice
Cayla Smith (US Junior Pairs) is on Ice Partner Search, so has split with Jared McPike, following their 2 silver medals at the Youth Olympics.

Good luck to Cayla in her hunt for a new partner! And best of luck to Jared in the future too (I haven't seen any posts from him, and he's not on IPS, so I'm not sure whether he will seek a new partner.)
I was wondering about them. Two promising skaters at different developmental levels. I'm happy they paired up for the Youth Olympics experience, though. Best wishes to them both!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Both Psurna and Novak (Jr Czech dance) are on Ice Partner Search so it looks like they split after YOG.
Eh? First names if I may so I can edit them into the OP?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Lucy Hay (GBR, Jr pairs) has retired:

Her (now former) partner Kyle McLeod has already found a new partner, who as of now remains unnamed.

Good luck to both of them in their further journeys, Lucy off the ice and Kyle on the ice 💐

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Noel-Antoine Pierre is back on Ice Partner Search, so his partnership with Lori-Ann Matte seems to be over. They had been to only 2 competitions together as a pair (French Nats: 3rd and French Masters: 4th).

He says he is looking for "a partner who is able to perform 2A and one or two triple jump. Who plans to go to major international competitions".

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Noel-Antoine Pierre is back on Ice Partner Search, so his partnership with Lori-Ann Matte seems to be over. They had been to only 2 competitions together as a pair (French Nats: 3rd and French Masters: 4th).

He says he is looking for "a partner who is able to perform 2A and one or two triple jump. Who plans to go to major international competitions".
Interesting. Lori Ann was never the best with jumps...or maybe she just went back to Thierry haha.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm saddened by Tomoe's retirement. I liked her skating and her big jumps. I suspected it was only a matter of time when I heard she hadn't been competing recently, but still sad to hear it confirmed. Good luck to Tomoe in her future career! Her Nationals 2019 FS will always be one of my favorites.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

Jared is now on Ice Partner Search too.

Best of luck to him in finding a new partner!