2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Lots of teams were removed from the World Standings, indicating that these teams have split and/or retired (only listing teams that haven't been mentioned here before:

Pairs:
Seniors:
Anna Valesi / Manuel Piazza (ITA)
Juniors:
Adele Zheng / Andy Deng (USA)
Anastasia Steblyanka / Lukas Gneiding (GER)
Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang (CHN)
Neamh Davison / Shailesh Caller (GBR) - Old-ish news that never made it here I think? She has a new partner: Daniel Borisov (US Singles skater)

Ice Dance:
Seniors:
Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing
Juniors:
Jordyn Lewis / Noah McMillan (https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2V1EQcJ70_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==), Jordyn is doing Synchro with Les Supremes now

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Record Breaker
I have almost 30 years of experience in ignoring judges and enjoying the perfomance.
Easier said than done when you care about the individual athletes. I can't imagine how heart-wrenching some injustices must feel. Its hard to watch post-skate interviews when the athlete is unable to hold tears not from anger but genuine confusion as to why they are being treated such a way.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Jordyn is doing Synchro with Les Supremes now
I am really into synchro being an option for ice dancers without partners now, at least in Canada.

Also I'm going to read into which Canadians weren't removed. Skate Canada got everyone who announced (or were removed before announcing in Proft/Nadeau's case.) I'm using that as evidence against the Gogo retirement rumours.

FlossieH

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Lots of teams were removed from the World Standings, indicating that these teams have split and/or retired (only listing teams that haven't been mentioned here before:

Pairs:
Seniors:
Anna Valesi / Manuel Piazza (ITA)
Juniors:
Adele Zheng / Andy Deng (USA)
Anastasia Steblyanka / Lukas Gneiding (GER)
Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang (CHN)
Neamh Davison / Shailesh Caller (GBR) - Old-ish news that never made it here I think? She has a new partner: Daniel Borisov (US Singles skater)

Ice Dance:
Seniors:
Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing
Juniors:
Jordyn Lewis / Noah McMillan (https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2V1EQcJ70_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==), Jordyn is doing Synchro with Les Supremes now
Yes, Davison and Caller is old news. It was discussed on the forum at the time, and I think it might just have been missed when the OP for this thread was updated (which is easily done). They split after the JGP they did this year, and before nationals. They'd mainly been training in public sessions because they reportedly couldn't afford private ice time and trying to train pairs elements in public sessions is very difficult.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Will be interesting to see if they'll skate in Seniors or as Juniors if the age limit is raised. 🤔
I can see either senior/junior depending on how they do. I was more interested in their jump directions. It doesn't look like they'll be mirror pairs, they're both CW.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I can see either senior/junior depending on how they do. I was more interested in their jump directions. It doesn't look like they'll be mirror pairs, they're both CW.
That's also cool though, basically all pairs are CCW jumpers.

Megan was the stronger jumper in her former partnership (as a singles skater she also jumped 2A, 3T and 3S in competition), and Patricio even jumped up to 3A in training before switching to pairs, so that might end up giving them a leg up on some of the lower/mid-ranked Senior pairs and definitely Junior pairs, especially if their pairs elements are coming along nicely.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
That's also cool though, basically all pairs are CCW jumpers.

Megan was the stronger jumper in her former partnership (as a singles skater she also jumped 2A, 3T and 3S in competition), and Patricio even jumped up to 3A in training before switching to pairs, so that might end up giving them a leg up on some of the lower/mid-ranked Senior pairs and definitely Junior pairs, especially if their pairs elements are coming along nicely.
Cool to see a CW jumping pair!

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Another new team. Maxine Weatherby and Oleksandr Kolosovskyi are now an Ice Dance team for Azerbaijan:

She recently competed in the Washington Picken International Solo Dance competition (representing the US) and previously represented Kazakhstan.