2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion

Ella339

On the Ice
That's why we introduced the separate Link Collection (data/info about events) and Discussions thread (actual comments/live comments on events).
Please note: Big events such as championships or traditionally well attended B-events last year had their own separate threads with links appearing in Links Collection.
No more missing out, no more scrolling forwards and backwards various pages.
The introduction of the Link Collection thread is great, but this here thread seems to be full of general information, which still risks getting lost in the middle of dozens of pages of live comments if both end up going in the same place. Am I missing something?

LadyB

Record Breaker
The introduction of the Link Collection thread is great, but this here thread seems to be full of general information, which still risks getting lost in the middle of dozens of pages of live comments if both end up going in the same place. Am I missing something?
Maybe we're just talking cross purposes. Since the Link Collection is separate, general info does not get lost in the pages of live comments, but are all very concentrated, which is the idea of Links.
The links thread, like the discussion thread, is usually in chronological order. Example: I look up an event that is of interest to me in Links. The most recent/present competition will always be on the last or penultimate page. Once I've got all the info I want, I'll go to the Discussions thread. Here I will also find my competition at the end., unless I'm late to the party, in which case I might have to go back a page or two if there was an event I've missed. The first poster usually refers to the event so people know what we're talking about.
I'm sorry if that sounds complicated, I'm rubbish at explaining things. But it's really simple and worked brilliantly last season.
Please feel free to check out last season's Link Collection and Discussion thread and you'll see for yourself. That hopefully makes it a bit clearer. You'll quickly get the hang of it, I'm sure. (y)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Applications are increasing by the day -and every name is a delight. Of course, as usual, they might not all be there in the end, but it's a great selection of skaters/teams, so it will be brilliant as usual. Can't wait!

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Today we have the schedule of competitions in St. Petersburg (it is not yet approved, changes are possible).

Main sport events in St. Petersburg:

The schedule is now officially approved and no changes are expected.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Due to Yametova's case I have a question: are you interested in watching the broadcasts of Russian regional competitions, or are the broadcasts of Moscow and St. Petersburg competitions enough? I thought about the fact that at the competitions in Ekaterinburg you can see Veronika Yametova and Elizaveta Labutina, it already at least arouses interest.

The competitions of Ekaterinburg sportsmen are broadcasted in the social network vkontakte.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Due to Yametova's case I have a question: are you interested in watching the broadcasts of Russian regional competitions, or are the broadcasts of Moscow and St. Petersburg competitions enough? I thought about the fact that at the competitions in Ekaterinburg you can see Veronika Yametova and Elizaveta Labutina, it already at least arouses interest.

The competitions of Ekaterinburg sportsmen are broadcasted in the social network vkontakte.
im definitely interested in watching regional competitions.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
we are starting!:cheer::cheer2:
Lots of the younger boys WD so im kinda bummed about that but still so exited for this!

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Sasha has had a hair cut, I miss his blond curls tho😅

He is kinda fallen behind his peers when it comes to tech and spins but there is something about his skating that I like so im hoping he will catch up.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Poor boy started it off by some random stumble then a hard fall on the entrance of a camel spin. While he did step out on the 3lz-3T combo he is also the 1st one to go for it.

He is new in moscow but ive also never seen him in younger age novice nats either so considering that he didnt do that badly :console:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I wonder if its the ice? none of the skaters have looked totally comfortable on it today?

Not a great sing for the older boys to come🫣

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I like Dobromirs new Sp! The flip didnt work out perfectly but otherwise he did very well for how early in the season it is!:cheer: