2024-25 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Golden Skate

2024-25 Russian Local Events – Discussion

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Nice! Hope that Commonwealth Cup works out, because it would be fantastic to see all the skaters who transfered if they don't get enough international exposure. I wasn't following club competitions last season, but I would love to see the final. Plus Jumping Tournament is here to stay, and I am super-happy! My new favorite.
Last season there were best skaters from Belarus + tier 2 Russian skaters. At the competion in Belarus there were also children from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan IIRC.

Here's the Federation's response on that:
Sikharulidze: We are constantly talking about holding international club tournaments here. Moreover, we organise them, invite our friends, colleagues from friendly countries, first of all. But, unfortunately, we do not see an active position yet. But we will continue to do it persistently, we will not stop.

Kogan: We can't do it as a Federation, it should be done by clubs. You understand, these are international interclub competitions. Unfortunately, we as a national Federation are forbidden to do that by the ISU rules for now.