2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I think this was the strongest and most competitive competition we have seen this season if not ever!
It's a crime that there are only 5 spots available, even the previous quota is too little.

This generation is insane and we also have to keep in mind Liza A who had an abnormally bad competition if she had preformed as usual she would have been in the top 5 as well.

katymay

Medalist
I think this was the strongest and most competitive competition we have seen this season if not ever!
It's a crime that there are only 5 spots available, even the previous quota is too little.

This generation is insane and we also have to keep in mind Liza A who had an abnormally bad competition if she had preformed as usual she would have been in the top 5 as well.
Again, at the risk of repeating myself, I don't like quads in Novice. lol. Would rather see development of basic skills, triples, spins etc. Very happy that Polina made it through to Natls. She might not have an ultra C, but she is wonderful to watch. I've never seen anyone go from first in the SP to last in the FS. But the truth is these little girls all brought their A game. Each one was polished and wonderful.

Remilia

On the Ice
Looking at the point difference, Lena most likely lost it in the short, since she's capable of scoring up 77 when clean. Though, even if she had gone clean, she still might have been a bit behind Lukashova after the free. I wonder if there are any plans for Lena to add the in the 3A :unsure: Prineva and Lukashova are both pretty inconsistent, but she might need it.

Shocked Andreeva and Streltsova didn't qualify...Streltsova seems to have some nerve problems when it comes to being 1st after the short. Also, Happy for Sonya S for having two clean skates and making top 10, especially given this was her first time competing in an older age comp (I think), and she was no doubt one of the youngest ones there! (and I'm glad they're not rushing her to learn quads at such a young age)

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
FFKM actually congratulates the top six on making nationals :scratch2:

IMG_20240305_210042_663.jpg

Remilia

On the Ice
On another note...it's so funny to me how much people on sportsru want Lena to fail :slink:. I understand that the mother is crazy, but there's no need to take it out on a little kid. If you dislike the mom for constantly badmouthing people and going after children, how does it make sense for you to then...go after a child?? (and it's ridiculous how they complain about her being overscored when they're fans of a camp whose skaters have been generously scored for years :shrug:) However, say what you will about Lena, but that child is nothing if not consistent. Her mental toughness is impressive, though, of course, it remains to be seen how that might change as she gets older

Anyway, mini rant over, I hope Vadim does well in the free and will medal :cheer:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Again, at the risk of repeating myself, I don't like quads in Novice. lol. Would rather see development of basic skills, triples, spins etc.
I don't like it when a skater focuses on ultra-c while having problems with other elements (no matter novice, junior or senior).

In general, I think it's individual for everyone. My fave Anisimova started jumping something that looks like triples in her last junior season. And a good fully-rotated 3+3 only in her second senior season. Yametova also became known only in seniors.

Azikin

Medalist
On another note...it's so funny to me how much people on sportsru want Lena to fail :slink:. I understand that the mother is crazy, but there's no need to take it out on a little kid. If you dislike the mom for constantly badmouthing people and going after children, how does it make sense for you to then...go after a child?? (and it's ridiculous how they complain about her being overscored when they're fans of a camp whose skaters have been generously scored for years :shrug:) However, say what you will about Lena, but that child is nothing if not consistent. Her mental toughness is impressive, though, of course, it remains to be seen how that might change as she gets older
She's also always been special and always an absolute joy to watch. I'm happy she showed nerves of steel in the FP and got where she belongs after the SP. :cheer:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just rewatched the boys! What an event, the top 6 less than 2 points apart!!!!:cool: :clap::clap:
Klimentiy is probably the greatest suprise for me throughout the season. Wow, has that boy improved or what (alongside a visible growth spurt)?! :cheer: Fair play to Sarnovskiy - that was a very matureskate.

My beloved Voronov bros neck'n'neck - two strong performances and of course I wish them all the best for FS.

This is gonna be a real showdown for Rus Nats qualies - the way we like it! Davai, rebyata!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

katymay

Medalist
Looking at the point difference, Lena most likely lost it in the short, since she's capable of scoring up 77 when clean. Though, even if she had gone clean, she still might have been a bit behind Lukashova after the free. I wonder if there are any plans for Lena to add the in the 3A :unsure: Prineva and Lukashova are both pretty inconsistent, but she might need it.

Shocked Andreeva and Streltsova didn't qualify...Streltsova seems to have some nerve problems when it comes to being 1st after the short. Also, Happy for Sonya S for having two clean skates and making top 10, especially given this was her first time competing in an older age comp (I think), and she was no doubt one of the youngest ones there! (and I'm glad they're not rushing her to learn quads at such a young age)
Sonya was adorable. Like a little fairy. I was sad she dropped after the SP,, she skated very well, but that is just how stacked the field was.