2023-24 Russian Nationals Exhibition Gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Exhibition Gala

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Record Breaker
Yes. The best Russian team is "Paradise" from Saint Petersburg. The exhibition gala usually has local teams.
Are they much better? I've seen synch skaters in plenty of the Plushenko shows and they were a bit better but still not something you'd watch at the Olympics.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If Synchro was added, the IOC would end up telling the ISU that the numbers in the other categories would need to be cut to compensate for it.

CaroLiza_fan
I would gladly cut the the "team event" and add synchro.
Even if it doesn't reduce the number of people competing (it can just reduce a bit since some skaters are allowed just for the team event), it one less competition to organize.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Its too hard. I'm guessing these Russians are the best at it? And to me it looked like they still obviously lost sync quite a few times.
The nordics seems the bests to me. Even if Russia dominated pre-covid and pre-ban.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
They are not, the best team within Russia is Team "Paradise" and outside of Russia "Les Supremes" (CAN), the "Rockettes" (FIN) and "Team Unique" (FIN).
To add to this, Synchro Worlds was live streamed on the ISU channel:

Short Program:

Free Skate:

Wouldn't help that you'd still have to fly in large numbers of skaters in addition to the skaters in the other four disciplines. The team event uses mostly skaters who are already there for the individual events.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

In an ideal world, so would I. The Team Event is a pointless exercise, that just increases the chances of the skaters getting injured and not being able to take part in the "main event".

But the Team Event does not increase the number of people taking part. It just uses people that are already there.

The only other thing that would not have affected the number of people going that could have introduced instead of the Team Event would be Fours Skating. It uses the Pairs Skaters. But, it is practically extinct as a sport.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wouldn't help that you'd still have to fly in large numbers of skaters in addition to the skaters in the other four disciplines. The team event uses mostly skaters who are already there for the individual events.
Even if it doesn't reduce the number of people competing (it can just reduce a bit since some skaters are allowed just for the team event), it one less competition to organize.

Skating91

Medalist
tenor.gif

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The only other thing that would not have affected the number of people going that could have introduced instead of the Team Event would be Fours Skating. It uses the Pairs Skaters. But, it is practically extinct as a sport.

CaroLiza_fan
Pretty spectacular discipline. Too bad it's practically extinct. Would be a much better event to have than "team event".

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pretty spectacular discipline. Too bad it's practically extinct. Would be a much better event to have than "team event".

Agreed. But, it would have to be scheduled after the Pairs competitions, so as to avoid the risk of the skaters getting injured before what is their main competition.

CaroLiza_fan