2023 CS Autumn Classic Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Autumn Classic Rhythm Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think most of these teams were rather restrained in their interpretations. Those who went after the expression seem to have scored the best. Whoever said don't play it safe is correct.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heart of glass should be from the end of the 70s
You're right, it is from the end of the 70's! I had simply thought it was 80's music because it sounds so much like other 80's music! Blondie was clearly ahead of their time... :drama:

(For the record, I was born near the end of the 80's...not sure if I can be forgiven for this or not)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
You're right, it is from the end of the 70's! I had simply thought it was 80's music because it sounds so much like other 80's music! Blondie was clearly ahead of their time... :drama:
there's not a clear line between the start of a decade and the end of the next one, artists usually start to experiment and you can still feel the influence of the previous decade in the following one. at the start of the 80s musicwise (and fashionwise) the influence of the disco culture was still huge. but you're right. Blondie, as a band were ahead of their time also they didn't fit a label even in the 70s. Debbie Herries, the singer, was clearly influenced by 70s divas in her way of singing, but some sounds and arrangements were borderline punk or pop rock

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moving on to laundry and then pairs, then dinner, a nap and work all weekend. Have fun watching the rest of the events. I'll only be able to check in for the rest.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ice dance replays are not up yet, but maybe a word of clarification,

1. if Eva and Logan had the same moves as Lake Placid. Those arm movements are in the video to "My Prerogative". At least as I remember it. (since I was in fact alive in the 80s, and grooving to this tune)

I am thrilled to see Bobby Brown being used, rather than emo/punk/indie grunge whatever, but that's my personal preference.

2. I can't help saying this either: Blondie was not considered ahead of their time in the US in the 70s (since I was also alive and grooving to it then), they were not considered a harbinger of some new form, they were 70s dance music. Great 70s dance music, but 70's dance music.

Auntie El's music lesson stops here. :)